Finding Space & Satellite Professionals New Jobs!
The Service Assurance Systems (SAS) Group develop and maintain many software systems and applications which supports the operation of our client’s services.
These systems and applications are at the heart of our client’s Operations Centres around the world. They are used by 24/7 network operations controllers, system design engineers, managers across the business, Value Added Resellers and Distribution Partners to monitor, measure and interpret network and service performance.
You will be working as part of a small team of developers supporting the evolution of our client’s network and service monitoring capabilities, ensuring it remains world-class in support of existing and future services.
- To undertake software development and support of applications within the SAS group as needed.
- Working with system and application users to understand new requirements, develop and test new features.
- To organise and present design and code reviews for work undertaken.
- To provide written and verbal progress reports within the SAS group.
- Have a conscientious approach to testing and documentation.
- Working alongside engineers from the Development & Engineering divisions to understand the design and architecture of new services to be launched and ensuring there are appropriate interfaces to allow the collection of appropriate monitoring and service information.
- Interact with Operations, Product Management and Customer Support teams to answer customer questions and help resolve customer network issues, identify and resolve software bugs.
- To take responsibility for the enhancement and maintenance of software supporting the Billing/Assurance streams.
- Ongoing work with our Client’s Billing and IT Operational teams aiming to agree on clear demarcation and responsibility for the delivery of operational solutions and tools.
- Support Billing/Assurance Operational teams with fault finding/diagnosis.
- Liaise with engineering divisions to ensure systems correctly reflects any proposed changes to existing services.
- To support and troubleshoot the operating systems developed and supported by the SAS group. This may include providing on-call/call out support.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- BSc in either Computer Science or a technical/engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on Java development working in a real-time operational environment.
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with Web/REST API programming.
- Experience in web development frameworks, such as ReactJS and Angular.
- Experience with event streaming platforms, such as Kafka, in particular use of Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams, and KSQL.
- Practical experience of the whole software development lifecycle, producing high-quality re-useable code in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills in team and corporate environments.
- A reasonable understanding and appreciation of IT and network security best practices.
- A proactive and solution-oriented approach with attention to detail.
- Experience in documenting his/her own software development work for future reference and support.
- Experienced in Object-Oriented Analysis and design using common design patterns.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Good understanding of IP networks and exposure to network troubleshooting using Wireshark or similar tools.
- Experience in concurrent programming.
- Experience in user interface design.
- Experience in using Apache Camel, Scala and Groovy to manage Active MQ environments.
- Exposure to microservice architecture and RESTful web services.
- Good experience in scripting and task automation using languages such as Awk, Maven.
- Familiarity with Influx/Tick Stack.