Finding Space & Satellite Professionals New Jobs!
Are you an experienced Software Engineer who is looking to work for a global company with a job which is out of this world! We are currently working closely with a global satellite communications company based in London who are looking for a Software Engineer to join their team. They are looking for a strong C++ an0d Python engineer to work on a greenfield project and help design and develop a new platform.
Primary role purpose:
Working as part of the Platform Engineering department, the successful candidate is required to initially work on key client platforms. The position may require development of data centre based applications both on-premises and in AWS Cloud as well as developing Docker container based applications. The successful candidate will be required to work in both an agile scrum team environment delivering software as part of our CI/CD pipeline whilst also helping to build CI/CD pipeline capabilities. The successful candidate should be able to work autonomously and on their own initiative.
- Development of test automation scripts in Google Test, InfraTest or Gherkin/Cucumber
- Development of Docker Containers in Python/C++
- Maintain detailed documentation in Confluence
- Work as part of an Agile scrum team
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent in relevant science or technology field
- Relevant industry experience
- Strong knowledge of C++ & Python
- Centos or Ubuntu Linux distributions
- JIRA, Confluence
- Experience building REST APIs
- Comprehensive experience and demonstrated expert knowledge in:
- An understanding of Agile development
- Knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of JSON / XML data structures
- Familiarity working with automated testing frameworks (Cucumber, Gherkin)
- Use of Swagger for defining APIs;
- Excellent self and team awareness skills to guide interactions to the most positive outcomes.
- Able to drive an ad hoc team to the correct conclusions, even if individual members arrive with pre-conceived notions contrary to that conclusion.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Alpine Linux
- Google Test, InfraTest, Gherkin, Cucumber, Zephyr
- Knowledge of AWS
- APIgee API Gateway experience
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace