An exciting opportunity to work for one of Europe’s top space & satellite companies who are looking for career driven engineers to join their team.
The Work Package covers the provision of electrical, mechanical, civil and maintenance engineering support to the ECSAT Site Manager. It relates to management support of an outsourced performance based FM hard services contract covering the maintenance and operation of the ECSAT site, as well as support to small projects in the civil, mechanical and electrical domains.
The Work Package covers the following activities, but not limited to:
- Supervision, review and quality control of the annual preventive maintenance plan as prepared and performed by the outsourced Maintenance Company operation on site
- Supervision and quality control of the preventive and corrective maintenance activities performed by contractor companies on site, and assessing the quality of the performed works against the agreed quality levels
- Provision of support for the project management related to the Facilities Management domain
- Preparation of the technical description of the work to be performed
- Launching the procurement process via tender or purchase in collaboration with the procurement/contract team in ESA
- Support to the bid evaluation and negotiation
- Technical, Financial and timeline monitoring of the implementation phase
- Active support to the investigation and analysis of technical failures, identification of corresponding technical solutions and participation to the quality control of the implemented remedial actions.
- Support to roll-out of the ECSAT CIFM database and upkeep of the data
- Ad-hoc support to ECSAT Site Manager
- Master Degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience
Specific Competence Requirements
Applicants for this job should have:
- At least 2 years of experience in building infrastructure and facility management
- Good knowledge of the applicable norms and legislation in the UK
- Sound analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, team spirit, with a real capability and willingness to learn and work in an international environment.
- An excellent command of the English language is required, as well as good knowledge of MS Office software applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), MS Project and Lotus Notes
- Ability to work with the CIFM based on Archibus software is considered an asset
- Experience of ESA tender rules and procedures is considered an asset
If you are a Facilities Manager, who is passionate about working within the an a European space organisation and enjoys working for a company who strive to be the best at what the do, this is the next challenge for you. If successful, you will receive a salary of £60,000 – £80,000 as well as benefits such as pension contribution and support to training courses. For more information and full job description, please contact Asha Parmar at Micro IT Global.