Smart Connected Secured
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
To remove technical obstacles in selling process and drive design wins to revenue.
- Visit customers with FSE, RSM, RDM and distributors to provide technical and applications sales support
- Learn technical engineering and application aspects of microcontroller/analog products by interfacing with key product line personnel
- Help customers in using microcontroller/analog devices in their application and system designs
As an Embedded Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for pre-sales technical support to generate design wins across the whole market addressed by Microchip. You will provide training, channel support, help in discovering new opportunities and collaborating with the other specialist resourced when needed. You will develop hardware and firmware solutions for our clients to accelerate their product development schedule.
- Be able to both advise on and implement innovative ideas and solutions to Microchip’s clients.
- Help in finding new opportunities in target accounts, especially where the key functions and technologies needed are still uncertain.
- Visits customer with sales and FAEs from Microchip’s distribution to help discovery opportunities, train the channel and resolve technical issues that need Microchip face to face contact, or direct to support and function specialist as appropriate.
- Support for trade shows, including stand manning.
- Help in coordinating, preparing, manning & presenting Technologies Days, seminars, and workshops at target clients and through Microchip Training Program (Regional Training Centers, MASTERs events, MU events, channel events, etc.).
- Continuously and proactively develop additional technical skills.
- Utilize engineering design skills, techniques, and knowledge to decrease client development time, reduce overall system cost and improve the performance of the end products.
- Use insights and influencing skills to teach clients about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their technology, which link back to Microchip solutions.
- Identify the key client stakeholders and coach those stakeholders to build consensus for Microchip’s solutions within their organization.
- Contribute and participate within a global team environment, to successfully develop and implement sales strategies across clients’ divisions and geographical locations.
- Communicate effectively with Microchip product divisions providing quantifiable feedback and ROI for their investments in clients.
Job Requirements:Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (e.g., BSEE, BSCE).
- 5 ~ 10 years Relevant work experience – A proven “problem solver” who thrives on complex technical and business challenges and is personally motivated to provide the best solution for our clients.
Engineering Skill Set
- 32-bit MCU/MPU, bare-metal, real-time OS, embedded Linux coding capabilities.
- Electronic Design – Creative design capability, architectural organization of hardware, firmware, and software to meet system specifications, schematic/simulation/layout via CAD tools, test, and debug skills (using oscilloscope, logic analyzer, multimeter, etc.)
- Microcontroller fundamentals – Algorithm development using C, C++, architecture, interrupt processing, registers, assembly code.
- Microcontroller fundamentals – ADC, DAC, Timers, PWM, DMA, watchdog.
- Basic protocols – I2C, SPI, UART.
- Advanced protocols – Ethernet, USB, CAN, LIN.
- Analog fundamentals – power trees, signal chains.