Made In Space Europe believes that industrialising space is the next critical step in humanity’s push to go deeper and farther into the cosmos than ever before. Made In Space Europe is developing robotic technologies to enable commercial activity in Earth orbit, on other planets, and beyond.
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Made In Space Europe is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join the Engineering team. The person in this role is responsible for the implementation of embedded software solutions for space robotic arms. You have a background in software engineering with industrial experience. You have demonstrated experience in embedded systems for safety-critical applications, as well as experience with embedded linux. You will rely on your testing and code review knowledge to develop robust software solutions for space. The Embedded Software Engineer will implement safety-critical software on spaceflight hardware and ground stations to ensure safe operations in orbit.
- Own software development for different space missions
- Test and qualify flight software modules
- Perform hardware in the loop tests
- Interact with interdisciplinary teams to develop cutting edge software solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years industrial experience preferably in aerospace/defence or industrial robotics
- Experience in Code Review / Clean Coder
- Experience with embedded linux
- Experience with real-time systems (ARM)
- Experience in interfacing sensors with embedded systems
- Demonstrated embedded coding experience using embedded C, C++
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with ROS, ROS2, cFS
- Experience with Gitlab CI and software product lifecycle management
- Experience with industrial robots
- Experience in FPGA software architecture and implementation VHDL, Verilog
Interested, but not sure you meet every single requirement? Research shows that men will apply to jobs when they meet only 60% of the requirements, but women and other minority groups may only apply if they’re sure they meet 100%. If you were turning away because you don’t meet 100%, well, we’d still like to hear from you – tell us how you’re the best fit for the requirements you’re sure you meet.
To accept this position and relocate to Luxembourg, candidates must have a police check/criminal record not more than six months old.