Made In Space Europe believes that industrialising space is the next critical step in humanity’s push to go deeper and farther into the cosmos than ever before. Made In Space Europe is developing robotic technologies to enable commercial activity in Earth orbit, on other planets, and beyond.
STRESS ANALYSIS ENGINEER
The stress analysis engineer will be working closely with the simulation team. Your role is to support all activities around thermal analysis, structural analysis, mass optimisation, derating analysis, and simulations. You will play a vital role in reducing the mass of robotic arm systems. Your engineering degree has prepared you to work on simulations, and you are excited to learn alongside a team of space and robotics experts.
The ideal candidate has some experience in simulations and analysis (university and/or professional), and is comfortable developing test procedures to validate your analyses. Ideally you have worked on at least one project from initial design to final implementation. You take pride in your work, and continually drive projects toward success while considering systems-level requirements.
- Supporting analysis, optimization, and simulation exercises
- Optimizing mechanical design and lead analysis to achieve better performance and higher reliability
- Communicating analysis results to teammates to drive design improvements
- Collaborating with the test engineers to correlate simulation results with testing data
- Designing test rigs for robotic arm- and component-level testing
- Creating 2D manufacturing and technical assembly drawings
- Specifying, selecting, and acquiring necessary testing components
- At least 5 years professional experience in an engineering role
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Space flight hardware experience
- Experience in performing thermal, vibrational, and stress analysis
- Experience in Simulation and Testing
- Software Expertise in several of the following: Simcenter, Patran, Nastran, Adams, Inventor, SolidWorks, Ansys, Matlab
- Fluency in English
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Worked at least one development project, in a role which required design, integration, and testing
- Worked on development of precision mechanisms
- Experience in performing assembly and validation of mechanisms
Interested, but not sure you meet every single requirement? Research shows that men will apply to jobs when they meet only 60% of the requirements, but women and other minority groups may only apply if they’re sure they meet 100%. If you were turning away because you don’t meet 100%, well, we’d still like to hear from you – tell us how you’re the best fit for the requirements you’re sure you meet.
To accept this position and relocate to Luxembourg, candidates must have a police check/criminal record not more than six months old.