ENSURING CRITICAL U.S. SPACE ACTIVITIES
The Advanced Sensors and Techniques Group operates the Lincoln Space Surveillance Complex (LSSC) that comprises of the Millstone deep-space satellite tracking radar, the Haystack Ultra-wideband Satellite Imaging Radar (HUSIR) and the Haystack Auxiliary imaging radar (HAX). All these radar are remotely controlled from the Lexington Space Situational Awareness Center (LSSAC) which serves as a data processing and fusion node for the LSSC and other ground and space-based space surveillance sensors. Together, the LSSC and LSSAC serve as an operational test bed for space situational awareness technologies and provide access to a rich set of radar and optical data. The group’s current research and development efforts focus on problems such as tracking and identification of newly launched satellites, tracking and discrimination of satellites in geosynchronous clusters, automated radar image exploitation, close approach monitoring and collision warning, applications of mullti-sensor data fusion, and decision support.
The Advanced Sensors and Techniques Group is seeking an Administrative Assistant who will be responsible for assisting in the daily operation of a large, dynamic group office, encompassing a wide variety of administrative support tasks.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Process electronic shopping carts and PCard purchases, enter weekly/hourly time reports, staff vacation, ship order requests, and respond to various purchasing related inquiries.
- Schedule and coordinate interviews using Success Factors.
- Prepare and process a variety of Laboratory administrative web-based forms, answer telephones, maintain electronic calendars, order group office supplies, sort area mail, and compose and type correspondence.
- Process items for release review using PARROT.
- Help coordinate travel arrangements in Concur, process expense reports as needed, send security clearances, handle classified material and maintain office files.
- Set up and coordinate arrangements for internal and external meetings.
- Interact regularly with Laboratory personnel and sponsors and provide guidance to group members in relation to MIT Lincoln Laboratory Policies & Procedures (purchasing requirements, etc.) in order to facilitate/ensure compliance.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least 2.5 years of directly related experience required. Post high-school education will count toward experience.
- High Proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and excellent general computer skills are desired.
- Must possess strong administrative support skills and be able to interact with all levels of Laboratory personnel as well as sponsors, show considerable initiative and be able to perform tasks with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to prioritize, handle multiple concurrent tasks, along with a demonstrated record of success working as part of a team, is required.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills, and be able to demonstrate inter personal skills, organizational skills; appropriate judgment and a conscious approach to work are necessary.
For Benefits Information, go to http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.