ENSURING CRITICAL U.S. SPACE ACTIVITIES
The Advanced RF Techniques and Systems Group innovates and demonstrates novel algorithms and architectures to impact missions covering the RF electromagnetic spectrum.
We collaborate with academia, industry, and the government to demonstrate rigorous solutions to the most important defense problems in wireless communications and sensing. We develop and prototype new techniques for digital signal processing and machine learning to enable multi-function wideband systems. We also apply new multi-channel, multi-beam, multi-function RF aperture technologies and push the boundaries of high-performance computing to address the most relevant technology problems unique to government spectrum operations.
- The Group is seeking creative and enthusiastic candidates to develop algorithms and RF system concepts.
- Typical activities include communication system research and simulation of modulation, coding, machine learning, and link layer algorithms as they apply to unique military communication scenarios.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
- In lieu of a PhD, an MS in the above areas with a minimum of 5 years of directly related experience
- Demonstrated background in a relevant field and strong interest and motivation to apply their skills to problems in communications
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team and set priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- 3.7 Minimum GPA
- Experience with communication systems, information theory, and/or detection and estimation theory
- Background in statistical inference, numerical linear algebra and optimization methods, data processing and scientific computing.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace