ENSURING CRITICAL U.S. SPACE ACTIVITIES
The Embedded and Open Systems Group conducts research to design, develop, and deploy next generation high-performance real-time embedded processing systems for use on air, ground, and sea-based platforms located at the tactical edge. We design these systems using diverse computational elements in support of applications including sensing, communications, and artificial intelligence. Hardware, software, mathematical, and security expertise are blended to optimize these low-power solutions. We succeed by participating in all program phases including system analysis, architecture definition, design, prototyping, field testing, and ultimately the transfer of our technology to operational systems.
We are looking for talented engineers who can contribute to research and prototyping efforts to create advanced real-time systems that integrate embedded hardware, parallel distributed software, software interfaces, digital signal processing, and artificial intelligence to meet challenging operational requirements. Individuals in this position will be given opportunities to lead sub-teams responsible for the execution of critical tasks in the development of our technology. We need our engineers to be versatile, innovative, self-disciplined, and highly collaborative in high-performing multi-disciplinary teams to produce world-class results.
Help drive our future technology by:
- Contributing to and, in some cases, leading the execution of design, development, and deployment of next-generation tactical-edge embedded processing systems.
- Working with experts across technical domains across MIT Lincoln Laboratory and the Department of Defense (DoD) community to develop technical concepts and requirements that drive system development.
- Influencing the broader direction of technology development through regular engagement with relevant technical communities, working groups, governance bodies, and sponsors.
- Communicating with technical and non-technical audiences for both feedback, engagement, and general awareness of our work.
- Being an active voice in multi-disciplinary teams charting the long-term development of key technologies through active prototyping efforts.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields. In lieu of a Master’s degree, a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of directly related experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated expertise in design, development, deployment, and optimization of real-time software in performant languages such as C++.
- Demonstrated experience in deploying/mapping to and optimizing for tactical, distributed systems such multi-core and multi-board computational stacks.
- Demonstrated experience implementing software based on high-level algorithm specifications.
Proficiency in engineering programming languages such as Python and MATLAB.
- Experience participating in multi-disciplinary technical project teams.
- Experience utilizing industry-standard processes and tools for software development and collaboration such as version control, issue management, and code reviews.
- Effective written and oral communications skills in technical and non-technical environments.
- Experience in producing well documented software and related technical documentation.
U.S. Citizenship required.
You will stand out if you also have:
- Experience utilizing computational accelerators such as FPGAs and GPUs.
- Experience with Radiofrequency systems with special emphasis on radar and/or communication systems.
- Experience with artificial intelligence/machine learning techniques and the computational acceleration of both training and inference/prediction stages.
- Experience using commercial APIs such as CUDA, Open CL, TensorFlow, or PyTorch.
- Experience with DoD Open Architectures.
- Good understanding of adaptive digital signal processing and/or linear algebra.
- A willingness to participate in field operations such as hardware integration and test campaigns.
- Current in scope Secret or Top Secret level DoD security clearance.