We started in 1951 with one product and a few people who worked out of an old airplane hangar in East Aurora, USA. Now, after nearly 60 years of continuous innovation, we’re a world class, nearly two billion–dollar company operating in more than 26 countries, and with customers in over 90 countries. The cutting–edge technology we produce today places our influence at the frontier of human endeavor. We helped put men on the moon in 1969 and right this minute our components are travelling through space, aiding satellites as they explore our universe. We make sure military aircrew are equipped to fly under the radar and our technology helps keep their devices absolutely precise. We enhance and control racing cars. We’ve helped sink a Venetian building for James Bond. And we make sure patients recover more quickly by helping create medical advances that improve quality of life.
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (KAM)
Responsible for the sales in the assigned focus markets and in the “other markets” within the assigned territory (SSE Europe with the major focus on Italy).
The primary purpose of the KAM is to promote the Moog product portfolio (servovalves, EH actuators, EAS & EPU, EM actuators, piston pumps, brushless motors, drives, MCG product, Motion Controllers, Power Screws etc.) within the assigned markets The Key Account Manager has the responsibility to explore new business opportunities and to retain and manage the existing customers assigned.
Main Accountabilities of the role:
- Identify, pursue and secure profitable business to meet the objectives of an agreed sales plan, by both protecting existing customers and generating new business.
- Maintain close contact with assigned Customers, provide them with a constant level of excellent customer service.
- Understand the assigned markets, including competitor activities, and monitor the Customers’ needs.
- Prepare a sales plan and sales forecasts under the direction of the Sales Manager, reporting to management on activities and opportunities on a regular bases.
- A very good understanding of Moog products and services is needed.
- Effectively represent and promote Moog Brand in accordance with Moog Industrial strategy.
- Follow Moog business processes
- Engineering degree: MSC or BSC (or equivalent)
- Deep knowledge of the Industrial automation market
- Progressive field sales experience with engineered products
- Advanced application know how and experience with motion control solutions EM and EH.
- Communicative, persuasive, confidence building personality. Team player.
- Proven planning, organizing and leadership skills including willingness to deal with management
- tools and complex business processes.
- Familiar with common IT sales tools like CRM.
- Fluent in English and Italian native speaker.
Additional preferred Qualifications:
- Willingness to work in international environment.
- Eager to work in an environment promoting the proactivity and the not clear guideline.
- Capable of managing meetings and technical discussions with customers.
- Capable of understanding the customer needs even not clearly expressed by the customer.
- Capable of complex negotiation.
- Capable to sell on value pricing rather than to sell just on price.
- Capable to sell in a niche market environment.
Capable to sell solutions and customized products rather than standard (on catalogue) product.
Problem solving attitude.
What to do if you are interested:
Interested candidates should apply in our site www.moog.com/careers/ or send a copy of their C.V., along with a statement of interest, to HR.ITALY@MOOG.COM
About Moog, Inc.:
Our company began in 1951 with Bill Moog’s invention, the servo valve, a device which became the heart of high performance motion control systems. Today, Moog Inc. (NYSE: MOG.A and MOG.B) is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and integrator of motion control parts and systems.
Headquartered in East Aurora, NY, we proudly serve customers in more than 90 countries. Our operations extend to more than 27 countries and our talented, global workforce is nearly 12,000 strong.
Our company is organized into five operating groups: Aircraft, Space and Defense, Industrial, Medical Devices, and Corporate. Our high-performance systems control military and commercial aircraft, satellites and space vehicles, launch vehicles, missiles, automated industrial machinery, and marine and medical equipment. What sets Moog apart is our commitment to creating high-performance solutions that solve our customers’ most difficult technical challenges.
But it’s more than technical excellence that defines us. Moog is a performance culture that empowers people to achieve great things. Our employees enjoy tackling interesting technical challenges in a culture of trust. For you, working with us can mean deeper job satisfaction, better rewards, and a great quality of life inside and outside of work.
Moog is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department via phone at 844-367-5787.