We started in 1951 with one product and a few people who worked out of an old airplane hangar in East Aurora, USA. Now, after nearly 60 years of continuous innovation, we’re a world class, nearly two billion–dollar company operating in more than 26 countries, and with customers in over 90 countries. The cutting–edge technology we produce today places our influence at the frontier of human endeavor. We helped put men on the moon in 1969 and right this minute our components are travelling through space, aiding satellites as they explore our universe. We make sure military aircrew are equipped to fly under the radar and our technology helps keep their devices absolutely precise. We enhance and control racing cars. We’ve helped sink a Venetian building for James Bond. And we make sure patients recover more quickly by helping create medical advances that improve quality of life.
- Work as engineer of electromechanical actuator for servo actuation system, reporting to team manager of Turbine EMA Program team, Engineering.
- Implement the engineering work by following Moog standard process, such as engineering tools and documentation formant, project management and so on.
- To take charge of general mechanical design of electromechanical actuator.
- To take over base knowledge of electromechanical actuator from USA and Europe, and customize them and/or develop local product, in order to fit with local customer needs.
- To implement evaluation test of actuators and report them.
- To take responsibility of technical investigation and to find solutions for technical troubles.
- To provide support to other engineering activities as needed, especially hydraulic actuator designs.
- To work in collaboration closely with colleagues in other functions, countries and regions.
- To lead projects as needed.
- Operations Support (collaboration work with Moog’s operations team and 3rdparty vendors.):
- To make designs & modification by considering purchasing cost & effective manufacturing with Operations team.
- To support for preparation of manufacturing (Assembly & Test documents etc.)
- To support for solving of quality assurance issues.
- Sales Support – Visit customer with sales and application engineers to capture needs to design actuators
- Bachelor Degree of Mechanical Engineering (Master degree is preferable)
- Mechanical and integration design experience is mandatory, and knowledge about Gas turbine & Steam turbine, Automobile and Train are preferred.
Other skills, experiences or highly desirable qualifications
- A person who is proactive and self-starter to improve mechanical engineering capabilities by studying technologies and development processes from senior engineers with the development.
- Understand application and products (Hydraulic and electromechanical actuator, motor), and utilize them to development and modification.
- Japanese – Business level (Mandatory)
- English – Daily conversation (Mandatory. reference TOEIC 600)
- 10-20% including oversea trip
- Opportunity to progress to specialist technical roles in product development, or management roles in Engineering from local to global organization.
About Moog, Inc.:
Our company began in 1951 with Bill Moog’s invention, the servo valve, a device which became the heart of high performance motion control systems. Today, Moog Inc. (NYSE: MOG.A and MOG.B) is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and integrator of motion control parts and systems.
Headquartered in East Aurora, NY, we proudly serve customers in more than 90 countries. Our operations extend to more than 27 countries and our talented, global workforce is nearly 12,000 strong.
Our company is organized into five operating groups: Aircraft, Space and Defense, Industrial, Medical Devices, and Corporate. Our high-performance systems control military and commercial aircraft, satellites and space vehicles, launch vehicles, missiles, automated industrial machinery, and marine and medical equipment. What sets Moog apart is our commitment to creating high-performance solutions that solve our customers’ most difficult technical challenges.
But it’s more than technical excellence that defines us. Moog is a performance culture that empowers people to achieve great things. Our employees enjoy tackling interesting technical challenges in a culture of trust. For you, working with us can mean deeper job satisfaction, better rewards, and a great quality of life inside and outside of work.
Moog is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department via phone at 844-367-5787.