We started in 1951 with one product and a few people who worked out of an old airplane hangar in East Aurora, USA. Now, after nearly 60 years of continuous innovation, we’re a world class, nearly two billion–dollar company operating in more than 26 countries, and with customers in over 90 countries. The cutting–edge technology we produce today places our influence at the frontier of human endeavor. We helped put men on the moon in 1969 and right this minute our components are travelling through space, aiding satellites as they explore our universe. We make sure military aircrew are equipped to fly under the radar and our technology helps keep their devices absolutely precise. We enhance and control racing cars. We’ve helped sink a Venetian building for James Bond. And we make sure patients recover more quickly by helping create medical advances that improve quality of life.
Moog Broad Reach is a leading provider of avionics for the spacecraft and launch vehicle market. This includes command and data handling systems, electrical power subsystems, GPS receivers, motor control electronics, payload processing systems and thrust vector control.
This position has responsibility for spacecraft systems and spacecraft avionics that includes (1) spacecraft systems design and support, spacecraft avionics design, costing and technical proposals, IRAD strategy development, execution and management, and technical support for business development
Responsibility will be divided between spacecraft system engineering and avionics engineering
Spacecraft Systems Engineering Tasks:
- Provide technical and programmatic oversight of spacecraft electronics/avionics subsystem. This includes C&DH and ADCS electronics, power system electronics and GPS receivers.
- Perform advanced spacecraft electronics/avionics system technology assessment and architecture definition.
- Define spacecraft electronics/avionics requirements and test and verification methodologies.
- Lead efforts for spacecraft electronics/avionics vendor selection.
- Be primary technical interface for avionics/electronics vendors to ensure technical and programmatic compliance.
- Prepare and present avionics/electronics subsystem design information at program design reviews.
- Lead resolution of hardware anomalies at the system level and determine root cause and corrective action.
Avionics Engineering Tasks:
- Responsible for the front-end of the business as part of the avionics proposal team. This team is responsible for responding to customer Request for Proposals (RFP) and Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) requests. This includes designing system architectures to meet requirements, determining system size, weight and power (SWAP), working with mechanical engineering to generate chassis views, writing technical proposals, generating cost estimates and answering customer questions.
- A member of the team responsible for developing the Internal Research and Development (IRAD) strategy and roadmaps for future spacecraft and avionics products.
- Responsible for leading and managing spacecraft and avionics IRAD project teams. This includes project and resource planning, system architecture, board-level architecture, schematic design, FPGA design, chassis design, assembly and test.
- Responsible for technical support to the Advanced Programs business development team. This support may include a small amount of travel as necessary to support customer meetings and conferences.
- Responsible for providing inputs and generating rationales for potential acquisitions of external companies
- Key goals will be to improve process efficiencies for proposal execution and IRAD developments, and develop next generation products that will drive year-over-year sales growth.
- A minimum of 8 years of electrical systems design for spacecraft systems and spacecraft avionics and a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE). Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) is preferred.
- Experience with electrical requirements analysis and allocation, electrical subsystem concept development/trade studies, design leadership and space hardware development.
- Ability to work with Systems Engineers to understand and accommodate constraints and impacts on Electrical Systems trades, architecture and electronics implementation.
- This position requires the candidate to be proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- This position requires excellent communication and presentation skills.
- The candidate must be a US citizen capable of getting a SECRET or TOP SECRET security clearance.
- This position requires the candidate to be located on site at the Moog Space facility located at 2228 West Guadalupe Rd. Gilbert AZ 85233.
- Experience with the latest commercial PowerPC, ARM, DSP and GPU processors, high-speed PCB design, FPGA design, encryption/decryption, processor board design, software defined radios, inertial management and reference units (IMU/IRU), M-Code receivers, GPS/GNSS receivers, strategic-hard board and chip design techniques, radiation testing, spacecraft communications and high bandwidth system design are considered a plus.
This job requires an active US Government security clearance or the ability to obtain one
About Moog, Inc.:
Our company began in 1951 with Bill Moog’s invention, the servo valve, a device which became the heart of high performance motion control systems. Today, Moog Inc. (NYSE: MOG.A and MOG.B) is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and integrator of motion control parts and systems.
Headquartered in East Aurora, NY, we proudly serve customers in more than 90 countries. Our operations extend to more than 27 countries and our talented, global workforce is nearly 12,000 strong.
Our company is organized into five operating groups: Aircraft, Space and Defense, Industrial, Medical Devices, and Corporate. Our high-performance systems control military and commercial aircraft, satellites and space vehicles, launch vehicles, missiles, automated industrial machinery, and marine and medical equipment. What sets Moog apart is our commitment to creating high-performance solutions that solve our customers’ most difficult technical challenges.
But it’s more than technical excellence that defines us. Moog is a performance culture that empowers people to achieve great things. Our employees enjoy tackling interesting technical challenges in a culture of trust. For you, working with us can mean deeper job satisfaction, better rewards, and a great quality of life inside and outside of work.
Moog is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department via phone at 844-367-5787.