We started in 1951 with one product and a few people who worked out of an old airplane hangar in East Aurora, USA. Now, after nearly 60 years of continuous innovation, we’re a world class, nearly two billion–dollar company operating in more than 26 countries, and with customers in over 90 countries. The cutting–edge technology we produce today places our influence at the frontier of human endeavor. We helped put men on the moon in 1969 and right this minute our components are travelling through space, aiding satellites as they explore our universe. We make sure military aircrew are equipped to fly under the radar and our technology helps keep their devices absolutely precise. We enhance and control racing cars. We’ve helped sink a Venetian building for James Bond. And we make sure patients recover more quickly by helping create medical advances that improve quality of life.
Moog Aircraft Group is looking for a Senior Contract Administrator to join its New Business/Development Programs Contracts Team to manage contractual activities between Moog and its customers. This position is located in Torrance, CA. Come make a difference in Moog’s growing Contracts organization.
Moog Aircraft Group is the leader of advanced flight controls for commercial and military aircraft. We are positioned on virtually every aircraft in the marketplace, supplying reliable systems that are highly supportable and add significant value for our customers. Moog Aircraft Group is a sector of Moog (NYSE:MOG-A). Moog designs, manufactures and integrates precision motion control components and systems. Our high-performance solutions are used in satellites and space vehicles, military and commercial aircraft, launch vehicles, missiles, industrial machinery, marine applications, and medical equipment. Headquartered in East Aurora, NY, we employ over 12,000 employees in 28 countries. While we are most known for our products that are the best in the industry, what’s unique about Moog is our culture of trust and mutual respect that allows for personal initiative, autonomy and excellence.
As a Sr. Contracts Administrator, you will…
- Insure integrity of Moog’s contractual performance.
- Serve as Moog’s point of contact with the customer on assigned programs.
- Maintain currency with government procurement regulations.
- Perform customer interaction in a professional, credible manner, to enhance Moog’s opportunity for continued and increased business.
- Review purchase orders with appropriate Moog disciplines to insure that all contractual requirements are consistent with Moog’s proposal.
- Initiate job orders and shipping documents.
- Initiate change of scope proposals.
- Maintain current and accurate contract files including quotations, negotiation history, purchase orders, and change orders.
- Assist with the organization and preparation of follow on proposals and new program proposals.
- Develop and execute strategies to resolve contract problems.
- Analyze terms and conditions for proposals and negotiate terms and conditions.
- Consult with legal counsel as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications to be considered…
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Contract Administration on complex aerospace programs
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and Defense Acquisition Regulations (DFARs)
- This position requires access to US export-controlled information
Preferred qualifications include knowledge and experience with…
- An advanced degree in Law or an MBA is highly desirable
- Intellectual property rights
- Working knowledge of Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Federal procurement procedures
- Cost Accounting Standards
- Progress payments and milestone payments
- CPFF, CPIF, FFP Time and Material type contracts
- Government and customer furnished equipment and material
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Contract law, commercial and government; completion of a course in business law or contract law
- A current Secret level security clearance is also highly desirable
At Moog we work in an environment where people trust, respect and encourage one another. We believe in our people, and it shows in everything we do. We invite you to become part of our continued success.
About Moog, Inc.:
Our company began in 1951 with Bill Moog’s invention, the servo valve, a device which became the heart of high performance motion control systems. Today, Moog Inc. (NYSE: MOG.A and MOG.B) is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and integrator of motion control parts and systems.
Headquartered in East Aurora, NY, we proudly serve customers in more than 90 countries. Our operations extend to more than 27 countries and our talented, global workforce is nearly 12,000 strong.
Our company is organized into five operating groups: Aircraft, Space and Defense, Industrial, Medical Devices, and Corporate. Our high-performance systems control military and commercial aircraft, satellites and space vehicles, launch vehicles, missiles, automated industrial machinery, and marine and medical equipment. What sets Moog apart is our commitment to creating high-performance solutions that solve our customers’ most difficult technical challenges.
But it’s more than technical excellence that defines us. Moog is a performance culture that empowers people to achieve great things. Our employees enjoy tackling interesting technical challenges in a culture of trust. For you, working with us can mean deeper job satisfaction, better rewards, and a great quality of life inside and outside of work.
Moog is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department via phone at 844-367-5787.