Murex is a global fintech leader in trading, risk management, and processing solutions for capital markets. Operating from our 18 offices, 2400 Murexians from over 60 different nationalities ensure the development, implementation, and support of our platform which is used by banks, asset managers, corporations, and utilities, across the world.
Join Murex and work on the challenges of an industry at the forefront of innovation and thrive in a people-centric environment. You will be part of one global team where you can learn fast and stay true to yourself.
You will be joining our Build System team as a senior software developer. The Build Team is responsible for evolving the build system and the development tools of MX.3 accordingly to the Market Standard. You will be involved in the design and refinement of new requirements, as well as setting up plans to manage and evolve existing coding practices. You are expected to be self-driven, easily adapt to continuously evolving requirements, and collaborate across teams on larger streams. Your impact will have significant visibility across the entire Murex organization as well as the existing Murex clients’ base.
- Collaborate within your team and with product management/architecture teams to deliver high-quality features.
- Understand existing code line, and propose and lead the implementation of technical enablers to evolve it (refactoring streams, quality streams, technical stack upgrades…).
- Be actively involved in technical design, code reviews, pair programming, and technical support.
- Be an advocate of agile and DevOps practices (automation, test-driven development, continuous integration, continuous delivery…), and propose ways to improve our existing practices.
- Bachelors or Master’s in computer science, engineering, or equivalent.
- 5 to 10 years of software development experience evolving and maintaining complex applications, with a focus on advanced topics such as concurrency, security, performance, memory management, scalability, and robustness.
- Strong background in C/C++.
- Strong verbal and written skills, and proficiency in English.
- Team orientation, and willingness to embrace and build upon the collective intelligence of the team.
- Experience with software development best practices.
- Previous experience working in an agile team and familiarity with XP, Scrum, and SAFe.
- Familiarity with C++ compilers and building systems.
- Experience working with a Linux environment.