Engineering the Future of Commercial Space
Software Support Engineer will be the first one in the queue to get hands on the latest flight software, Mission Control Software, simulations or any other Software Department products. Learning about and understanding underlying design principles, communicating feedback within department, building know-how database to help clients solve their issues faster. Also close cooperation with software engineers and communication with clients will be the daily routine.
AS A SOFTWARE SUPPORT ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Do daily checks for new software-related tickets in Service Desk.
- Maintain and be responsible for all not closed software-related tickets.
- For each new ticket differentiate if this is flight software, MCS software or ADCS software question and gather required information accordingly from ICDs.
- Communicate new expected deadlines to client if some delays are foreseen.
- If current documentation is not enough to answer client questions, create a separate internal ticket for teams to update documentation with missing information or do update yourself.
- Try to replicate client issue on available setup (flat-sat).
- Do software updates and other maintenance procedures remotely if needed.
- Do daily poke on engineers to provide missing information.
- Document FAQ and create internal workflows for common requests / procedures.
WE EXPECT YOU TO:
- Have at least 2 years of experience in a similar support position.
- Be familiar with computer networking, embedded software work principles and physical interfaces, command line interfaces.
- Problem-solving, troubleshooting and conflict-resolution ability.
- Be fluent in English and excellent at written and verbal communication.
- Showing interest in leadership for future team growth.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Be familiar with backend software.
- General understanding of electronics, physics, or space industry.
- Experience using Jira.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace