Engineering the Future of Commercial Space
NanoAvionics is a small satellite mission integrator focused on delivering new generation satellite buses and propulsion systems for the satellite applications market.
AS FLIGHT DYNAMICS ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Support Operations team in routine and special operations including LEOP, potential collision avoidance maneuvers and de-orbiting.
- Support System Engineering team by conducting orbit maneuver calculations and simulations for satellite mission design, analysis and support the team by using orbital dynamics tools such as STK.
- Be responsible for Flight Dynamics software exploitation, operation and maintenance, including development of tools (e.g. scripts) to operate satellite systems and support integration into Mission Control Software.
- Conduct flight dynamics analysis using tools such as MATLAB.
- Work directly with multiple stakeholders to develop mission software requirements and provide expertise for any flight dynamics related activity
- Execute flight data analysis, develop documentation of all facets of work performed, develop flight test plans, and provide flight test support.
- Contribute to analyses and training activities that inform ground system development and mission operations activities.
- Continually research the latest progress in flight dynamics analysis, software, and operations to grow our capability, service offering and value to the customer.
WE EXPECT YOU TO:
- Previous and proven experience in the same role (at least 2 years)
- Have a deep knowledge of working with STK, Matlab and Simulink
- Have a degree in aerospace engineering, physics or any related technical discipline
- Be fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Have strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Knowledge of one or more engineering programming languages such as MATLAB, Simulink, Python, C, or C++.