Natilus is seeking a manufacturing design engineer to join the structural design group. The manufacturing engineer will design, build, and test prototype experimental aircraft in a fast-paced research and development environment, and with significant vertical responsibility. The work will span preliminary design, tooling, and manufacturing support
Natilus is building a large 19,000lb unmanned aerial vehicle powered by twin turbo props. It is a blended wing body with the sole purpose of carrying cargo. It will be the first of its kind and the first BWB put into production.
The position is based out of San Diego and requires 20% travel.
US Citzens or Permanent Residents may apply.
- Designing tooling for fabrication and assembly
- Working with engineering to design for manufacturing/assembly and design reviews
- Hands on work with the shop team to fabricate and assemble tools and the aircraft
- Reviewing models and drawings and approving for manufacturing
- Working with supply chain to source materials
- 5+ years of industry experience as a manufacturing engineer or similar role
- In depth knowledge of composites fabrication and manufacturing of metallic components
- Fully competent in the interpretation of drawings
- Demonstrated proficiency of ASME Y14. 5 GD&T standards
- Experience in production quality systems
- Proficient user of CAD in support of designing fixtures and tooling for manufacturing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Hands on working knowledge of laser tracker and measurement arm systems
- Hands on experience with some or all of the following skill sets: metal fabrication, machining and assembly of metallic components, fabrication and assembly of composite components, electrical system installation and troubleshooting
- Experience supporting the built of experimental aircraft
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
Natilus Inc hires solely based on qualifications, merit and competence. Natilus Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Natilus Inc does not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.