NATILUS IS A SMALL AND GROWING TEAM OF EXTREMELY PASSIONATE ENGINEERS WORKING ON RE-THINKING THE NEXT GENERATION OF FREIGHT AIRCRAFT. WE ARE BUILDERS AND DESIGNERS WHO HAVE WORKED ON 25+ AIRCRAFT PROGRAMS IN GENERAL AVIATION, COMMERCIAL AND MILITARY AVIATION.
Natilus is seeking a propulsion and mechanical systems engineer to join the engineering team. The propulsion and mechanical systems engineer will be responsible for integrating two P&W PT6A engines into the airframe. The engineer will design, build, and test prototype experimental aircraft in a fast-paced research and development environment, and with significant vertical responsibility. The work will span preliminary design, part and assembly design, system design, manufacturing support, and flight test engineering support. Typically this work requires the integration of all engine systems into the aircraft.
Natilus is building a large 19,000 lbs unmanned aerial vehicle powered by twin turbo props. It is a Blended Wing Body (BWB) with the sole purpose of carrying cargo. It will be the first of its kind and the first BWB put into production.
US Citzens or Permanent Residents may apply.
- Work in a small engineering team environment supporting the integration of a P&W PT6A turboprop engine into a clean sheet aircraft design
- Perform preliminary and detail design of fuel systems, fire suppression systems, and mechanical control systems
- Select and manage third party vendors and suppliers
- Work with other engineers during the development, build and test of designed systems
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Previous experience with integration of turboprop engines into aircraft
- Previous experience working on aircraft development programs from initial design through flight test
- Excellent communication skills
- Rapid prototyping or aircraft home building experience
- Pilot’s license and/or A&P license
- 4 year degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 2-5 years of professional experience developing mechanical systems
- Experience with NX/Unigraphics, CATIA or Solidworks
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
Natilus Inc hires solely based on qualifications, merit and competence. Natilus Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Natilus Inc does not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.