NATILUS IS A SMALL AND GROWING TEAM OF EXTREMELY PASSIONATE ENGINEERS WORKING ON RE-THINKING THE NEXT GENERATION OF FREIGHT AIRCRAFT. WE ARE BUILDERS AND DESIGNERS WHO HAVE WORKED ON 25+ AIRCRAFT PROGRAMS IN GENERAL AVIATION, COMMERCIAL AND MILITARY AVIATION.
Natilus is seeking a composite structural analyst to join the stress analysis group. The composite structural analyst will design, analyze, build and test prototype experimental aircraft in a fast-paced research and development environment. The work will focus on preliminary and detail design development, composite manufacturing, and assembly support, but could also include flight test and post flight data reduction. The structural analyst is responsible for generating, maintaining, and running vehicle level FEA models and reporting on interpreting the results for design engineering and program management.
Natilus is building a large 19,000 lbs unmanned aerial vehicle powered by twin turbo props. It is a Blended Wing Body (BWB) with the sole purpose of carrying cargo. It will be the first of its kind and the first BWB put into production.
US Citzens or Permanent Residents may apply.
- Understanding of aircraft structural loads, layouts, and analysis methods
- Strong background in composite theory, manufacturing and sizing
- Problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
- Knowledge of aerospace technologies and products
- Bachelor of Science degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering
- Ability to perform classical hand calculations on composite structure
- Proficiency in CATIA, Unigraphics, or Solidworks
- Femap or NASTRAN proficiency
- A minimum of three years of directly related aircraft work experience
- Hands-on composite fabrication and assembly experience
- Strong understanding of aircraft performance, systems and operational requirements
- Rapid prototyping, or aircraft home building experience
- Pilot’s license / A&P license
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
Natilus Inc hires solely based on qualifications, merit and competence. Natilus Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Natilus Inc does not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.