We are looking for a Navigation Performance Engineer on behalf of and in support to our client for their location in Taufkirchen, Germany. The selected candidate should show integrity and professionalism. The deadline for submitting applications is 20 December 2022.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe (or one of its subsidiaries) and not by our client. Furthermore, upon selection, they will be subject to a general personnel screening performed by an external provider (further information will be provided at interview stage).
EGNOS is a satellite based European augmentation system for GPS and the European Navigation system Galileo. Currently the next generation EGNOS V3 is under development by Airbus. In this context the element “Prediction Chain Facility” (PCF) is specified and verified by protoyping by Airbus. The PCF generates corrections and bounding information for GPS and Galileo satellites. The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
- Maintain and test algorithm modules of the PCF implemented in the programming language C;
- Support integration and troubleshooting of PCF algorithms;
- Design and implement pass/fail criteria by means of scripting to assess navigation related performance parameters (orbit/clock residual errors, safety margin);
- Contribute to definition of test cases and test reports, and to evaluate test results of PCF algorithmic functions;
- Interact with SW engineers for troubleshooting and implementation of corrective actions.
- A Master’s Degree in Informatics, Software or Electrical Engineering, or Geodesy;
- Experience in satellite navigation algorithms;
- Experienced in algorithm development and data analysis;
- Knowledge in programming using C;
- Knowledge in Python, Matlab, and scripting languages;
- Good interpersonal and very good verbal and written communication skills;
- Affinity to analyse complex technical problems and come up with convincing solutions;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Knowledge of German is an advantage.
Please submit your application in English via the apply button below. Applications submitted in other languages will not be considered.