It’s a great time to be part of the SES team
We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Network Engineer works closely with SES customers, Product teams, and Operation teams to design, implement, maintain and monitor SES Network products, network backbone, and customers’ premise equipment at remote locations. They will be responsible for providing the technical design and implementation support for the high-level designs provided by SES network architects including but not limited to design, test, configuration, documentation and deployment support. They are expected to work collaborativelyin the lab with the architects to ensure that the needs of the business are being met in a timely, cost efficient manner. The Network Engineer will also provide direct support to operations in trou-bleshooting network issues that at effect SES customers.
Primary Responsibilities / Key Result Areas
- Participate and support the network architects, in designing, testing and implementing the SES global IP network
- Support SES Product Development teams in implementing new services.
- Support the development of network automation tools including templating, pipeline develop-ment and validation of said automation.
- Manage all network related activities as assigned within SES organization, including design, testing, reporting and recommending appropriate remediation measures.
- Provide support for developing and documenting high-level and low-level design and test cases for network validation.
- Collaborate with key vendors that deliver components of the SES network to ensure they are meeting the needs of the business including but not limited to ensuring feature deliverables are being met, costs are in line with expectations and quality standards are being met.
- Support the development of test automation suites to provide a stable regression testing en-vironment for network services.
- Manage the relationship with peers and third parties to deliver a successful and optimized network and Satellite environment
- Create, disseminate and (as required) update documentation of SES Networks of identified network processes, procedures and controls.
- Work directly with customers and other internal departments and organizations to facilitate networks engineering design and acceptable levels service.
- Follow up on deficiencies identified in monitoring reviews, self-assessments, automated as-sessments, and internal and external audits to ensure that appropriate remediation measures have been taken.
- Serve as escalation point and provide Level 4 Engineering support to various operation teams
- Provide Pre-Sales support as needed
- Ability to interact with customers and team members without supervision
- Sense of urgency, initiative and competitive drive to get things done
- Strong technical problem solving and analytic skills to isolate problems, recommend and im-plement solutions
- High attention to detail
- Follow tasks to completion and be dependable
- Demonstrate a professional business attitude when working with internal staff and external customers
- Ability to work at in a fast pace environment, dealing with multiple priorities
- Ability to manage projects
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
Qualification & Experience
- BS degree in IT or equivalent filed
- CCNP, or CCDP, or JNCIP is required. JNCIE or CCIE is a plus.
- 7+ years’ experience in network engineering (routers, switches, IP Networks)
- 7+ years of experience in network engineering/ design
- Advanced understanding of various network routing protocols.
- Advanced understanding of various network switching protocols.
- Exposure to data center network design is a plus.
- Advanced working knowledge and experience with MPLS and VPN technologies.
- Advanced working knowledge and experience with Service provider and Enterprise networks
- Exposure to network security and network management
- Be proficient on the Linux Operating system
- Experience with various programming and scripting languages such as Python, ect…
Other Key Requirements / Comments
Ability to travel, up to 25% of time to domestic and international locations
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!