RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
We are currently looking for a Network Security Engineer, with experience in design and delivery of cybersecurity operations solutions, to support our cybersecurity team based in Redu, Belgium, close to the European Space Agency’s (ESA) activities. The position will report to the Manager, Security Services.
This position will be based in Belgium at any of:
- Redu, Belgium, at the European Space Agency premises of ESEC
- Diegem, Belgium at RHEA offices
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies within the space and cybersecurity domains. As a Network Security Engineer, you will support the design, development and implementation of cybersecurity operations solutions for RHEA and its clients.
If you have a passion or interest for cyber security and would like to join a team of seasoned experts with diverse backgrounds, then you are in the right place! At RHEA Group, you will have the opportunity to work and learn in an exciting environment and participate in unique cybersecurity projects for the European Space Agency, NATO, the European Commission, and commercial clients.
Tasks and Activities
Matching your experience, expertise and aptitude, you may work in any of the following assignments:
- Provision of best practice advice and guidance in the areas of cybersecurity operations supporting incident detection, analysis and response including operations policy and procedure development, operational scenario definition, operations centre technology selection and implementation, network and host based sensor technology selection and implementation.
- Provision of best practice advice and guidance in the areas of vulnerability and patch management; intrusion detection and prevention; network and host security; network and host fingerprinting; advanced persistent threat (APT) and data leakage protection; firewall and virtual private network (VPN) technologies; data centre and cloud computing security; endpoint, extended and managed detection and response (EDR, XDR, MDR); security information event management (SIEM) and security orchestration, analytics and response (SOAR) solutions; cyber threat intelligence (CTI); and Threat Hunting.
- Design, development, integration and implementation of information technology and operations technology (IT/OT) security upgrades and evolutions, including solutions focused towards cybersecurity operations, disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Configuration, management and tuning of cybersecurity operations solutions monitoring IT/OT infrastructures.
- Review, enforce, assess and verify the compliance of designs against industrial security best practice including ISO27001 and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- Contribute to requirements analysis, design specifications, reports and other requested documentation.
Skills and Experience
The following skills are mandatory:
- University degree in computer science, engineering, IT or a related field.
- Ability to work as part of a team, with a proactive attitude to solving problems.
- Strong communication and documentation abilities.
- Good analytic and problem solving capabilities.
- Detail oriented attitude.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in design, integration and deployment of a range of cybersecurity operations systems and solutions including, for example:
- Incident detection and analysis, decision support and response solutions including IDS/IPS, SIEM, SOAR, EDR, MDR, XDR, CTI and Threat Hunting systems.
- Network management and technologies such as Syslog, Netflow, Sflow, PCap.
- Security protection measures such as firewalls, content inspection, virtual private networks, and strong-authentication mechanisms.
- IT related services such as email and name server applications.
- End system architectures and operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Unix.
- Adversarial Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) in a cybersecurity context and including such concepts as the Cyber Kill Chain and Cyber Kill Chain for Industrial Control Systems;
- Cyber-defence concepts including the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and general concepts of cyber-defence situation awareness.
- A professional qualification or certification in a relevant field. Example certifications include Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certificate, Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Certified ISO 27001 Auditor, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security, security product certifications (e.g., Checkpoint firewall certification) or similar is considered an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communications capability in English.
- Must be a citizen of the EU.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Experience providing cybersecurity operations solutions in a diversity of information technology and operations technology (IT/OT) environments.
- Experience in information security services for space, critical infrastructure protection and defence market segments.
About RHEA Group
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.