We have a permanent position for a design engineer to take responsibility for new electro-mechanical product design, development and verification on various projects working within a multidisciplinary team.
- B.Sc/B.Eng degree in Engineering (preferably electronic, mechanical or mechatronic) from a recognized institution.
Experience (ideally within aerospace or defence industry):
- High-reliability electronic product design, realisation and environmental testing (>3 years)
- Schematic creation and simulation (>3 years) (preferably Altium Designer)
- Embedded software development (>3 years) (C, C++)
- Mechanical design (preferably Solid Works)
Additional knowledge areas that would strengthen the application:
- Masters Degree
- Optical/Optomechanical system design
- Python programming and realization (>3years)
- FPGA development (VHDL based) (>3 years)
- Thermal and/or structural analysis
- Project Management (MSProject or other)
Design and develop electronics based products used in spacecraft related systems and their associated design documentation, test procedures and calibration systems:
- Attending requirement and proposal discussions with clients when required.
- Derive technical specifications for system requirements based on market and/or Customer needs.
- Research, develop and testing of theoretical and conceptual designs.
- Derive component requirements for the electronic design using traceable and qualified components.
- Simulate/test the design at various levels, ensuring that a product will work with adequate design margins and will perform reliably and consistently in specified operation environments.
- Documentation and review of all aspects during design phases.
- Design and develop embedded firmware for micro-controller and FPGA based applications.
- Test the hardware and firmware; implement corrections as necessary.
- Mechanical design of enclosures and interfaces, interacting with sub-contractors and resolving manufacturing issues.
- Development of production documentation
- Positive self-motivated, self-starter attitude
- Innovative – thinking ‘outside the box’
- Team player
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Customer focused
- Able to persuade and influence others
- Ability to bounce back
- Flexible and able to multi-task, can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Resourcefulness in setting priorities.
- English (essential)
- Afrikaans (beneficial)