We have a permanent position for a product support engineer to take responsibility for the industrialisation, support, customisation and improvement of Company’s products and processes.
- BSc(ENG), BEng, BTECH in Mechatronics Engineering (or Electrical and Electronic) from a recognised institution
Experience (ideally within aerospace or defence industry):
- At least 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in electronics hardware design (Preferably in Altium Designer)
- Good knowledge of analogue and digital electronics.
- Embedded software development, integration and testing. (C/C++)
- Working knowledge of python.
- Mechanical design and manufacturing methods are required (Preferably in Solid Works)
Additional knowledge areas that would strengthen the application:
- Knowledge of satellite subsystems and the space environment.
- Experience with the ECSS product development and environmental testing standards
Evolution and Customization of Company Products:
- Support the Product Manager in all phases of evolution and customization of products (including design, qualification, industrialization and engineering support during production).
- Support the Product Engineer in the development and/or updating of verification plans, test procedures and test environments related to the evolution and customization of products.
- Responsible for the identification and resolution of issues and risks under the guidance of the Product Manager.
- Responsible for project deliverables in line with time, cost and quality targets.
- Monitoring and reporting to the Product Manager on the status of deliverables on projects.
Engineering Support of Product Line:
- Responsible for engineering support to the Production team (including logistics and testing) of the Company Products.
- Responsible for completion and updating of Technical documentation on Company Products.
- Responsible for investigation and resolution of product deviations during production process and client feedback.
- Responsible for organising and executing testing at offsite test facilities, where required.
- Perform continuous improvement in terms of standardisation, technologies, architecture, best practices etc. under the guidance of the Product Manager.
- Support configuration control of relevant technical documentation and software programs of products.
- Support implementation of and compliance to engineering technical standards, policies and procedures.
Other ad-hoc duties as required by company.
- Positive self-motivated, self-starter attitude
- Team player
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Customer focused
- Able to persuade and influence others
- Flexible and able to multi-task, can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Resourcefulness in setting priorities.
- English (essential)
- Afrikaans (beneficial)