CUSTOMIZABLE, SPACE PROVEN ADCS SOLUTIONS
We have an opening available for a Quality Controller to join our team in Somerset West, South Africa. This person will be responsible to ensure all processes are carried out to the required quality to ensure delivered items are fit for purpose and meet the technical and client requirements and expectations.
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
- To ensure all processes are carried out to the required quality to ensure delivered items are fit for purpose and meet the technical and client requirements and expectations.
- Maintaining, reviewing, and improving product and quality assurance for Space-related activities within the facility.
- Maintaining quality and operational procedures established as part of the formal qualification and acceptance processes.
- Understanding the technical and client’s needs and requirements and ensure effective communication thereof to the engineering and production teams.
- Inspection of incoming components, parts, and assemblies by conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting and returning of unacceptable deliveries.
- Identification of Key Inspection Points (KIP) and Mandatory Inspection Points (MIP) of sub-assemblies and integrated assemblies and liaison with Engineering and Production teams to ensure inclusion in product documentation.
- In-process and final inspection of sub-assemblies and integrated assemblies including all related build documentation.
- Perform inspection on outgoing deliveries (to sub-contractors and clients), ensuring that product is in line with technical and client requirements.
- Assist the Supply Chain team in the selection of suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Monitor shelf-life control and ensure that timely actions are taken to minimise any impact to production and engineering processes.
- Ensure adherence to cleanroom standards, as per the BMS requirements.
- Responsible for the effective feedback on quality deviations to Engineering and Production teams to prevent re-occurrence and promote continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the calibration and maintenance of equipment (internal and sub-contracted) in a timely manner in adherence with the schedule.
- Responsible for the review and approval of technical documentation requiring a quality signature.
- Assist the Engineering and Production teams with investigations of failures, where required.
- Monitor and ensure validity of the ESA certification of technicians and quality controllers.
- Oversee ESA theoretical training (performed by external ESA trainer) and manage the practical examination in collaboration with the ESA trainer.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Coordinator with quality induction and awareness training, where required.
- Responsible for the effective administration of quality control processes within the company.
- Keeping accurate documentation and analyse trends.
- Other ad hoc duties as required by the company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 certificate or equivalent
- Valid IPC-A-610 or ECSS certificate (Preference will be given to aerospace and defence electronics experience)
Experience & Knowledge:
- >5 years working experience in an electronic manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of workmanship standards
- Experience with soldering and conformal coating
- 1-2 years quality control/inspection in the electronic manufacturing industry (Preference will be given to aerospace and defence electronics experience)
- Proficient with MS Office
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Positive self-motivated, self-starter attitude
- Team player
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Customer focused
- Able to persuade and influence others
- Flexible and able to multi-task can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Resourcefulness in setting priorities.