Space-Proven ADCS Solutions
Design and develop electronics-based products used in spacecraft related systems and their associated design documentation, test procedures and calibration systems:
- Attending requirement and proposal discussions with clients when required.
- Derive technical specifications for sub-system requirements based on market and/or Customer needs.
- Research, develop and test theoretical and conceptual designs.
- Derive component requirements for the electronic design using traceable and qualified components.
- Simulate/test the design at various levels, ensuring that a product will work with adequate design margins and will perform reliably and consistently in specified operation environments.
- Document and review all sub-system/product aspects during design phases.
- Design and develop embedded firmware for micro-controller and/or FPGA based applications.
- Test the developed hardware and firmware; implement corrections as necessary.
- Interacting with sub-contractors and resolving manufacturing issues.
- Development of production documentation
- Other ad-hoc duties as required by company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- B.Sc/B.Eng degree in Electronic/Mechatronics Engineering from a recognized institution.
Experience (ideally within aerospace or defence industry):
- High-reliability electronic product design and realisation
- Analog and digital electronic circuit design and simulation (>5 years)
- Practical experience testing and debugging electronic circuits (>5 years)
- Additional knowledge areas that would strengthen the application.
- Master’s Degree
- Embedded software development (Assembler, C, C++)
- Application software development (Python, C, C++, C#)
- FPGA development (VHDL preferred)
- Familiarity with microcontroller architectures (PIC, ARM, AVR, etc.)
- Schematic creation and PCB layout (preferably in Altium Designer)
- Familiarity with CAD software and design principles
- Project Management (MS Project or other)
- Familiarity/experience designing, developing, and supporting satellite actuator and/or sensor subsystems (reaction wheel, sun sensor, magnetometer, etc.
- Experience working with Optical/Optomechanical systems and/or Electromagnetic design and analysis
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Positive self-motivated, self-starter attitude
- Innovative – thinking ‘outside the box’
- Team player
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Customer focused
- Able to persuade and influence others
- Ability to bounce back
- Flexible and able to multi-task, can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Ability to self-manage and set priorities