CUSTOMIZABLE, SPACE PROVEN ADCS SOLUTIONS
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
Our product development and manufacturing aerospace engineering company in Somerset West has a permanent position for a Technical Project Manager to develop and manage project schedules, project budget, and manage customer requirements. The person will also, in conjunction with the Engineering Manager, co-manage the technical solution development with the engineers to achieve the project’s objectives.
- CONTRACTUAL PROGRAMME / PROJECT EXECUTION: Proper governance and stakeholder management, governance and stakeholder management output contracting.;
- PLANNING: Constraints management and Effective planning aligned to project objectives and key milestones to achieve these objectives, within, schedule and cost requirements
- REPORTING: Timely, and targeted engagement to all relevant stakeholders and ensuring alignment of goals within business
- LEADERSHIP: Effective team leading and motivation, that keeps team focused and inspired and well informed of goals and scope of work at hand
- TECHNICAL: Collaboration with systems engineers and engineering team to ensure technical goals are met effectively to meet the customer requirements of the project, within defined technical constraints
- GENERAL: Team player, acting out company values and supporting and helping improvement areas within the PMO and other areas of the business
- Accountable for project delivery
- Supports, guides, and facilitates the team through the project process
- Effectively resolves issues and manages risks
- Interfaces and communicates with internal and external stakeholders
- Appropriate interpersonal skills for a project manager including a sensitivity for intercultural differences
- Ensuring that projects are subject to review at appropriate stages
- Keep appropriate records according to standing procedures
- Other ad-hoc duties as required by company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- BSC. Engineering Qualification (Electronic, Mechatronic, Mechanical, Software Engineering)
- Project Management qualification or formal training
- System Engineering experience – advantage
Experience & Knowledge:
- 5-10 years of Project Management experience
- Experience in managing aerospace or defence product development projects – non negotiable
- Experience working within a high technology development environment – non negotiable
- Managing and leading complex projects with hight technical content
- Knowledge of PM methodologies
Additional knowledge areas that would strengthen the application
- A good and effective knowledge of project planning techniques, processes and tools.
- A good understanding of the project lifecycle and techniques related to controlling outputs of the project.
- Understanding of how manufacturing of complex systems works within a design, development, and production environment.
- Analytical skills to dissect complex product artefacts and problem solving to facilitate successful project definition and execution.
- Scope and change management within complex project environments.
- Application of Systems engineering and systems thinking when applied to new product development
- Understanding of total cost of ownership/lifecycle of the product.
- Stakeholder management with dynamic presentation techniques to get the point across and to influence or negotiate.
- Understand customer centric management techniques and tools for effective customer engagements.
- Knowledge of PRINCE II, PMBOK and Agile methods of project/programme management
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Positive self-motivated, self-starter attitude
- Team player
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Customer focused
- Able to persuade and influence others
- Flexible and able to multi-task, can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Resourcefulness in setting priorities.