Space-Proven ADCS Solutions
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
NewSpace Systems (NSS) is an engineering company, specialising in the design and manufacture of high-quality spacecraft products and services for an international client base. With branches in four countries, several global value-added resellers, and clients in more than 25 countries, we are searching for a highly qualified Technical Sales Engineer who can support NewSpace’s international expansion efforts.
While an exciting industry to be a part of, Space is a high-paced and pressured environment and applicants should be efficient, organised problem solvers who are able to work independently, on tight deadlines, and across many diverse projects. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in technical sales, preferably in a high-tech environment.
Objectives of this Role:
- Driving sales.
- First line of technical support to clients.
- Fulfil the role of internal client through continuous evaluation of product-market-fit and troubleshooting of technical product documentation.
- Supporting technology roadmap with client/ market driven requirements.
- Continuous market research to support lead generation and product-market fit.
- Generating quotations, proposals, and technical compliance matrices.
- Distilling and responding to client’s technical mission requirements at proposal/quotation stage.
- Facilitating discussions between internal product lead(s) and client representative(s) in order to resolve technical enquiries efficiently.
- Supporting internal product lead(s) with well-defined client requirements and, where required, in-house testing to support enquiries.
- Ensuring that technical product information, as advertised across internal and external platforms, is correct and updated in a timely manner.
- Reviewing feedback from clients and if relevant, making autonomous, minor non-functionality related updates to documentation, for final approval by product lead(s) and any other appropriate stakeholders.
- Plan and facilitate client meetings, with support/guidance from the Sales and Marketing Manager, at events, conferences, and trade shows.
- Supporting the maintenance of forecasts and budgets.
- Conducting research to analyse market trends, customer behaviour, and competitive landscape, and prepare reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data.
- Local/international travel to trade shows and client meetings.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required by company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) from a recognised Tertiary Institution is a must. Preferably in the field of Electronics or Mechatronics.
- More than 3 years proven work experience in sales or technical sales support.
- Experience working in a high-tech, international orientated, industry e.g. defence, aerospace etc.
Additional Must Haves:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid passport.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Positive, self-motivated, self-starter attitude.
- Geared towards problem-solving and outside the box thinking.
- Sensitive to cultural nuances, and able to adapt to foreign regional/national norms and protocols.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Able to work independently and manage priorities dynamically.
- Able to quickly bounce back from setbacks.
- Flexible and able to multi-task within an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong team player, with a willingness to support the efforts of other departments, outside of primary functions.
- Value, and contribute to, a culture of honest feedback.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace