NewSpace Systems (NSS) is a trusted multinational spacecraft components and sub-systems manufacturer headquartered in South Africa, with branches in North America, Europe, and Oceania. Leaders in the area of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) products, NSS are supporting the majority of the commercial spacecraft manufacturers, including several blue-chip companies and constellations of 500 satellites and more. Currently exporting to 27 countries across 6 continents, NSS is rapidly increasing its market share.
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
The Industrial Engineer will be responsible for leading and supervising all activities related to the industrialization and optimization of products in an efficient, pro-active, and synergistic manner.
• Participate in industrialization effort during bids and mobilization phase of the project.
• Support the Engineering department in all phases of evolution and customization of products.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of an industrialization plan for new products.
• Responsible for the industrialization project deliverables in line with time, cost, and quality targets.
• Support/facilitate problem-solving during prototype build.
• Support with development /update of manufacturing/product datapack (i.e assembly instructions and build history checklists).
• Responsible for the layout and setup of production lines.
• Perform detailed line balancing and ensure the successful completion of the task sequencings.
• Responsible for the introduction of new manufacturing technologies, infrastructure, and equipment.
• Responsible for engineering support to the Production team (including logistics and testing).
• Support with the investigation and resolution of product deviations during the production process and client feedback.
• Responsible for new and updated process information on the ERP system.
• Support with development and manufacturing of aids, tools, and Jigs.
• Establish operational methods and work standards and confirm task duration with the aid of time and motion studies.
• Optimize productivity (man, machine, and material) by analysing current processes and methods and identification of improvement projects in the cleanroom.
• Implement Lean Manufacturing principles to continuously improve methods, processes, and production KPI’s.
• Perform continuous improvement in terms of standardisation, technologies, architecture, best practices etc. under the guidance of the Engineering Department.
• Other ad-hoc duties as required by company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• BEng Industrial Engineering Degree
Experience & Knowledge:
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience
• Experience in electronics hardware manufacturing environment
• Good knowledge and experience in technical support in a manufacturing environment
• Lean manufacturing experience
Additional knowledge areas that would strengthen the application
• Knowledge of satellite subsystems and the space environment.
• Cleanroom, ESD, and optical assembly environment experience
• Lean six sigma Black Belt certified
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Positive self-motivated, self-starter attitude
• Team player
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Customer focused
• Able to persuade and influence others
• Flexible and able to multi-task, can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
• Resourcefulness in setting priorities.
If you meet the requirements of this vacancy, please send your cv