NewSpace Systems (NSS) is a trusted multinational spacecraft components and sub-systems manufacturer headquartered in South Africa, with branches in North America, Europe, and Oceania. Leaders in the area of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) products, NSS are supporting the majority of the commercial spacecraft manufacturers, including several blue-chip companies and constellations of 500 satellites and more. Currently exporting to 27 countries across 6 continents, NSS is rapidly increasing its market share.
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
As part of a major growth strategy, NewSpace Systems is seeking an Industrialization Manager. The successful candidates will be responsible for managing the industrialization department during the development phase as well as ensuring the process is designed and implemented in line with the industrial requirements.
• Responsible for the management of the design and implementation of the manufacturing processes in line with the industrial requirements and the objectives of the project and/or client.
• Accountable for the development and implementation of industrialization plans
• Accountable for industrial risk identification and implementation of relevant associated improvement actions.
• Accountable for the layout and set up of the production line with input from the Production team.
• Responsible for the planning and implementation of Lean manufacturing processes across all departments.
• Accountable for the capacity planning and detailed line balancing to enable the successful completion of the production task sequencing
• Ensure that industrial documentation
• Ensure timeous and effective set-up and maintenance of process information in the ERP system.
• Build the plan and implement tooling and other specific manufacturing equipment.
• Manage industrial risk through product/process FMEA and associated improvement action plans when relevant.
• Ensure industrial sustainability of product life cycle: guarantee the manufacturability and repeatability (incl. Test bench and parts obsolescence management / re-design proposal)
Production Support of Standard Products:
• Ensure engineering support to the Production team during the manufacturing and testing of products.
• Ensure the timeous and effective development and manufacturing of aids, tools, and jigs.
• Accountable for supporting industrialization with manufacturing documentation, including assembly instructions of products.
• Ensure timeous and effective design of packaging solutions of products
• Accountable for investigation and resolution of product deviations during the production process and client feedback.
• Ensure continuous improvement in terms of standardization, technologies, architecture, best practices etc. with input from the Engineering team.
• Responsible for the management of the obsolescence of components/parts to guarantee the manufacturability and repeatability of the products.
• Support the Supply Chain team in the development of new suppliers.
• Responsible for the review and approval of test results.
• Organizing and executing testing at offsite test facilities.
• Responsible for the creation of test software for new products and root cause analysis of test-related failures.
• Ensure that Test Readiness Reviews and Test Reviews are performed timeously to ensure clients’ requirements are met.
• Responsible for project deliverables in line with time, cost, and quality targets as well as identification and resolution of issues, management, and mitigation of risks
• Accountable for the configuration control of relevant technical documentation and software programs on standard products.
• Ensure the implementation of and compliance with engineering technical standards, policies, and procedures
• Monitor and trend staffing against planned work; career development
Additional duties as reasonably required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering field
• >5 (five) years of experience in a manufacturing environment or similar, of which more than three years have been in a senior management role
• Demonstratable experience in high-tech and high-value (multimillion rand) project implementation & management
• Experience in electronic manufacturing methods and practices
• Experience in manufacturing ERP system
Experience & Knowledge:
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience in an electronics manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of environmental test methods and practices (e.g. Dynamic, Vibration, EMC, Thermal)
• Knowledge of industrialization, plant layout, and lean manufacturing principle
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Proven ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team to focus their energy on achieving business goals.
• Strong leadership skills with a track record for investing in the team and driving results through collaboration.
• Ability to create partnerships across the entire organisation and collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders from technicians to executives.
• Ability to communicate clearly (in both visual and dialogue environments) to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Adaptable and comfortable in an exciting, dynamic, and evolving environment
• Hands-on with a passion for continuous improvement and building the best hardware
NewSpace Systems is committed to Employment Equity therefore preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
If you meet the requirements of this vacancy, please send your cv