NewSpace Systems (NSS) is a trusted multinational spacecraft components and sub-systems manufacturer headquartered in South Africa, with branches in North America, Europe, and Oceania. Leaders in the area of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) products, NSS are supporting the majority of the commercial spacecraft manufacturers, including several blue-chip companies and constellations of 500 satellites and more. Currently exporting to 27 countries across 6 continents, NSS is rapidly increasing its market share.
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
• To ensure all processes are carried out to the required quality to ensure delivered items are fit for purpose and meet the technical and client requirements and expectations.
• Maintaining, reviewing, and improving product and quality assurance for Space related activities within the facility.
• Maintaining quality and operational procedures established as part of the formal qualification and acceptance processes.
Quality Control – Manual Assembly line:
• Responsible for inspection of incoming components, parts, and assemblies by conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting and returning unacceptable deliveries.
• Responsible for in-process and final inspection of sub-assemblies and integrated assemblies including all related build documentation.
• Responsible for inspection of outgoing deliveries (to sub-contractors and clients), ensuring that the product is in line with technical and client requirements.
Quality Control – SMT Assembly line:
• Responsible for verification of machine set-ups on the SMT assembly line prior to the start of a run.
• Responsible for inspection and analysis of first article inspections and first products from a run on the SMT assembly line.
• Responsible for in-process and final inspection of sub-assemblies and integrated assemblies on the SMT assembly line including all related build documentation.
• Responsible for the programming of the Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) machine.
• Assist the Engineering and Production teams with investigations of failures, where required.
• Assist with the calibration and maintenance of equipment (internal and sub-contracted) in a timely manner in adherence to the schedule.
• Responsible for keeping accurate documentation (inspection checklists, build histories, batch control, photos, etc.).
• Responsible for compiling of DSR (defectives supply reports)
• Logging of PORs on Syspro
Other ad hoc duties as required by the company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Grade 12 certificate or equivalent
• Valid IPC-A-610 or ECSS certificate (Preference will be given to aerospace and defence electronics experience)
Experience & Knowledge:
• >5 years of working experience in an electronic manufacturing industry
• Knowledge of workmanship standards
• Experience with soldering and conformal coating
• 3-4 years of quality control/inspection in the electronic manufacturing industry (Preference will be given to aerospace and defence electronics experience)
• Proficient with MS Office
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Positive self-motivated, self-starter attitude
• Team player
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Customer focused
• Able to persuade and influence others
• Flexible and able to multi-task, can work within an fast-moving environment
• Resourceful in setting priorities.
If you meet the requirements of this vacancy, please send your cv