The Flight Dynamics System Engineer shall work on multiple projects and assignments, leading all the internal technical activities with an high degree of autonomy during all the subsystem lifecycle, from the specification up to the operations phase.
He/She shall support proposal preparation and sales activities, leading, preparing and delivering all the required contributions inherent to the job position.
The applicant shall be able to coordinate or directly execute the following tasks:
- define the Flight Dynamics S/S specification and review upper level requirement allocation and traceability;
- define and update the Flight Dynamics S/S architecture (functional, software and physical), internal and external S/S interfaces, and technical performance;
- prepare the Flight Dynamics S/S development plans, test plans, test procedures;
- design, implement and maintain the Flight Dynamics S/S software;
- define the Flight Dynamics S/S hardware specification;
- execute the Flight Dynamics S/S software installation and configuration on hardware platforms;
- participate in the Flight Dynamics S/S test campaigns;
- execute test and validation activities of the Flight Dynamics S/S;
- provide support to the Flight Dynamics S/S integration in the Ground Segment;
- prepare the documentation of the Flight Dynamics S/S during all the project phases;
- participate and prepare the Flight Dynamics S/S milestones, and provide all the relevant contribution to upper level reviews.
The position is based in Rome. The availability to make occasional National and International travels is required. Short-stays at our customers’ premises, based in Italy, may be required only during specific project phases.
The applicant has got a Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in mathematics, physics or another relevant engineering discipline. The applicant has at least 5 years professional experience, mostly in Flight Dynamics.
The following expertise is considered as mandatory:
- extensive knowledge on space flight mechanics
- professional experience on Flight Dynamics engineering / operations (no less than 3 years long)
- professional experience on Flight Dynamics software development, test procedures preparation, execution and reporting
The following expertise is considered as an distinct advantage:
- professional experience with Flight Dynamics software, as FreeFlyer® and Orekit library
The following expertise is considered as an advantage:
- professional experience on Mission Analysis, preferably in Earth Observation domain
- professional experience on Ground Segment system engineering
- professional experience on SAR and Optical Earth Observation missions
- JAVA programming skills, knowledge of Linux OS
- Ph.D. on Space Flight Dynamics topics, preferably in Earth Observation domain
Professional experience in project management is desirable but it is a plus.
The applicant shall also possess:
- very good analytical skills
- very good communications and presentation skills
- very good technical writing (generating and delivering) skills
- high level of written and spoken English
- high level of written and spoken Italian is desirable
The position can be opportunely tailored to the applicant level of experience; job tasks and associated required degree of autonomy will be consequently adjusted.
The applicant will be capable of approaching the technical tasks with rigour and discipline, developing and following a systematic, thorough and results-oriented approach.
NEXT Ingegneria dei Sistemi S.p.A. is an Italian SME that provides systems and services in the field of Information Technology. Since 2018, NEXT is part of Defence Tech Holding group and it currently employees about 2o0 staff distributed among its headquarter in Rome, other Italian offices, its unit in The Netherlands and customer premises. The company supplies systems, services and products in the field of Information Technology for Defence, Aerospace, Transport, Telecommunications and Public Administration markets for key institutions and national Large System Integrators.
NEXT offering in the space market embraces turnkey software development, mission engineering, system engineering support, ground segment engineering and subsystems supply, satellite AIT support, operation engineering, satellite and ground operation support, big data analytics and management, and R&D activities. NEXT has a long track record of completed tasks, projects, and engineering support activities for main national prime contractors, Italian Space Agency, European Space Agency, European Commission, and National institutions.