Nithio is an AI-driven platform for clean energy investment
Nithio is a venture-backed finance and data analytics platform that uses AI and machine learning techniques to improve credit scoring capabilities for businesses, capital providers, governments, and other stakeholders in the distributed renewable energy sector across Africa. The company aims to address the acute need for modern, clean energy access on the continent by providing a sustainable infrastructure for capital delivery, offering state-of-the-art underwriting tools, and a powerful information sharing platform for stakeholders to identify high-need grant recipients and credit-worthy customers.
Summary of Position
This position is part of Nithio’s Risk Analytics team and is a crucial liaison with the Nithio finance team and investment-oriented clients. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset and combine a strong quantitative background with domain knowledge in private or public finance.
Preference will be given to applicants with energy or climate finance sector expertise and/or experience on the African continent.
Preferred locations Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria; Kampala, Uganda; Washington, DC Metro Area, USA. Remote work flexible
This position will perform a range of duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Lead successful engagements to provide risk analytics solutions for Nithio’s clients (e.g., investors, distributed energy companies, policymakers, and development agencies), from requirements gathering to delivery.
- Onboard, query, and analyze diverse types of data—including household surveys, satellite imagery, consumer data, and transaction records.
- Prepare analytical materials, including data visualizations, maps, reports, presentations, and briefings.
- Communicate, document, and train users on Nithio’s product offerings and analytics results.
- Support the Data Science and Engineering teams in the development of new products and capabilities such as KPIs/metrics, machine learning applications, dashboards tools, and code packages.
- 1-5 years of experience in applied quantitative analysis
- Experience working on or adjacent to core finance workflows including corporate and SME due diligence, financial modeling, credit risk assessments, portfolio management, etc.
- Essential software skills: R (preferred) or Python for statistical analysis. Other software/programming skills (e.g. SQL) and exposure to machine learning packages and the software development cycle are a definite plus.
Nithio is committed to embracing the diversity of views and backgrounds that our colleagues bring, and to helping them achieve their professional and personal goals. We believe a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion among our team enables us to better serve our clients and achieve our central mission of increasing access to energy and financial services. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from people of color, people with disabilities, women, LGBTQ+ people, and/or people with intersectional identities.
Nithio recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.