Northrop Grumman is a global aerospace, defense and security company. It is a leader in a wide range of capabilities around the world, delivering products and services to customers in 25 nations. With a well-established international presence, we maintain a network of offices and local business operations serving Europe, the Asia Pacific region and the Middle East to help meet the needs of our customers.
Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Principal Hardware Engineer / Ground Systems Engineer who is motivated, engaging and technically talented to join our team of diverse and extremely qualified professionals located in Alice Springs, AU to perform operations and maintenance of ground system equipment.
Principal duties will include but not be limited to:
- Providing 24/7 antenna maintenance support to ensure reliable, redundant paths of data collection and communications to allow for continued processing of the operational mission
- Diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repair of RF, digital, fiber optic, electrical, HVAC and antenna servo systems
- Supporting scheduled and unscheduled preventive / corrective actions and emergency maintenance on system devices and infrastructures
- Developing procedures, maintaining failure data, drawings and equipment historical records
- Assisting the operational crews in the recommendation and configuration of hardware to allow for improved or alternate modes of hardware utilization
- Supporting the integration, installation, test, and documentation of new and/or modified system capabilities
- Performing logistics functions to enable equipment repairs, Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) maintenance and maintenance data collection
- Working comfortably in a structured environment of change management, to include meeting customer/site required standards for procedures, ICDs, compliance, and configuration control
Candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with Government Representatives and coordinate with team members to support training schedules. Must also have the proven ability to work both independently and as a member of a diverse team
A two year overseas tour commitment is required.
A comprehensive overseas compensation package is offered with this position, including relocation.
The successful candidate must pass a comprehensive physical and psychological examination prior to beginning this assignment.
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Clearance Type: SSBI
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- 5 years of directly applicable experience in ground/field antenna maintenance or hardware/RF engineering
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI clearance with an SSBI/Counter Intelligence polygraph within the last 4 years
- Ability to satisfy the following physical demands:
– Working on elevated structures at heights of approximately 30 meters
– Climbing stairs (approximately 300 stairs per day)
– Working in narrow and confined spaces
– Lifting and carrying approximately 20 kgs
- Knowledge of antenna preventive and corrective maintenance (gears, transmissions, lubrication/oil changes) with a demonstrated ability with test equipment including spectrum/network analyzers, RF power meters, signal generators, optical power meters, cable testers, multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Knowledge of common RF transmission and reception devices to include high power amplifiers, satellite receivers, modulation and demodulation equipment
- Basic level of knowledge of UNIX/LINUX, servers, and workstations
- Knowledge of COMSEC equipment, keying, and policy
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.