Northrop Grumman is a global aerospace, defense and security company. It is a leader in a wide range of capabilities around the world, delivering products and services to customers in 25 nations. With a well-established international presence, we maintain a network of offices and local business operations serving Europe, the Asia Pacific region and the Middle East to help meet the needs of our customers.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems is seeking an Principal Systems Engineer/Operations Controller looking to work as a member of an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) crew on a rotating 12-hr shift schedule at a field site located in Alice Springs, AU.
The Operations Crew Department is seeking an engineer who will be responsible for the following:
- Monitoring system and subsystem operation and performance and preparing periodic status reports
- Investigating and responding to all indications of anomalous system performance
- Assisting in the preparation and review of standard operations procedures and system redundancy management documentation
- Supporting system reconfiguration and mode changes
- Supporting special system operations of a non-routine nature
- Monitoring several real-time systems and implementing procedures required for control and status of these systems in response to anomalous behavior
- Monitoring equipment health and status to ensure the highest possible level of mission readiness
Additional shift operations duties include:
- Continuous core skill improvement training
- Follow-on advanced operator training
- System performance improvement tasks involving Perl programming and standard operating procedure modifications
The successful candidate will be trained on-site with necessary skills and knowledge required for system operations. Upon certification, the operator will continue to develop operational skills, knowledge and problem solving experience for greater technical responsibilities or leadership opportunities with the operations organization.
An initial 2-year tour commitment is required.
A comprehensive overseas compensation package is offered with this position including relocation.
The successful candidate must pass a comprehensive physical and psychological examination prior to beginning this assignment.
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Clearance Type: Top Secret
Shift: 1st Shift
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited institution with five (5) years of relevant technical experience in any engineering field such as mechanical, electrical, computer science, or optical engineering; OR three (3) years of experience with a Masters Degree in STEM; OR a PhD
- Experience executing standard operating procedures to provide mission support during command and control of real-time operations systems
- An initial 2-year tour commitment is required
- The successful candidate must pass a comprehensive physical and psychological examination prior to beginning this assignment
- Active (in scope) Top Secret/SCI clearance with an SSBI/Counter Intelligence polygraph OR Dept. of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Mission 1 experience
- Two years of experience in 24×7 real-time mission critical operations environment
- Active Top Secret or SCI clearance with an SSBI and Counter Intelligence polygraph updated within the last four (4) years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.