Possible drives us at Northrop Grumman … It’s at the heart of everything we do – compelling us to solve the challenges between space and below the waves. Working together with people from many backgrounds, personal passions and disciplines, we share a drive to push the boundaries of advancement through science, technology and engineering.
Due to recent announcements by the Australian government to substantially invest in space technology; Northrop Grumman is positioning itself to align our strong heritage and legacy in space programs towards this significant body of future work. As part of our strategy, we are seeking the expertise of an experienced and suitably qualified Satellite Ground Systems Project Manager to lead the establishment and delivery efforts of the ground systems project based in Brisbane.
The Ground Systems Project Manager will be leading and managing the delivery of the ground segment from award through to operative date for acquisition. You will have oversight of cost, schedule and technical performance of the ground segment utilising your strong project management experience, rigour and discipline.
You will be supported by experienced Australian and US team members and will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry in delivering a critical capability to the Defence of Australia and its interests.
Note: As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable, as such your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Delivering capability against defined ground segment milestones and monitoring adherence to master plans and schedules
- Leading ground segment review sessions with customers
- Oversight of ground segment design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product delivery
- Allocation of technical and support resources
- Participates in negotiations of contract and contract changes
- Coordinates the preparation of survey & quotes, work statements, specifications, budgets, terms and conditions of contract
- Identifying risks, issues and opportunities and applying mitigation programs
Qualifications & Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a STEM related discipline(s)
- Project Management qualifications
- Proven experience in project/program delivery of >$100m AUD
- Demonstrated experience in supporting Defence Programs
- Experience in delivery of ground based communications systems
- Prior responsibility for budgets, schedule and performance of large, multistage programs
- Must be an Australian citizen able to obtain and maintain a Defence Security clearance (NV1)
Why Northrop Grumman?
As we continue to grow as a company, we remain committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and becoming an ideal corporate citizen. We do so by implementing our core values: taking responsibility for the Quality we put forth, delivering Customer satisfaction, demonstrating Leadership as a company and as individuals, acting with Integrity in all we do, valuing our People, and regarding our Suppliers as essential team members. We focus on Safety – We work to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to provide our customers with high-quality, reliable and safe products. We are committed to safe operations and are diligent in our safety practices and processes.
What do we offer in return?
- Professional Development Support – further education, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to a range of online training including LinkedIn Learning and SkillSoft.
- Up to 2 weeks additional purchased annual leave.
- Salary packaging including novated car leases.
- Generous parental leave entitlements.
- WellbeiNG Program.
- Employee Incentive Program.
- Employee Discount Program.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.