Solves toughest problems in space aeronautics defense cyberspace
AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: No relocation assistance available
CLEARANCE TYPE: AU- Secret (NV1)
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Australia is truly committed to being the most trusted provider of systems and technologies that ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies. We provide meaningful and purposeful employment opportunities across a diverse range of functions delivering solutions and capabilities to our customers every day.
Australia is a priority focus country for Northrop Grumman globally and our priority is to exemplify our class-leading products, capabilities and solutions to our customers and want you to join us on our journey of growth and expansion in Australia.
Northrop Grumman is a recognized leader in autonomous systems, helping our customers meet a wide variety of missions across sea, air, land and space.
As part of our growth and maturity at Northrop Grumman Australia, we are seeking applications for a suitably qualified and experienced Systems Engineering Integration & Test Lead. This role will support a Maritime Unmanned Aircraft Systems (MUAS) Program currently in the Capture Phase heading toward Tender submission in Q2 2022.
This is a unique opportunity to build on Northrop Grumman’s vast experience and heritage in autonomous systems developing a critical solution for the future of Australia’s maritime ISR capability. The ideal candidate will possess the communication skill and the ability to generate persuasive proposals and rationale for complex technical captures.
This position can be based in Adelaide, Canberra or Brisbane.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Development of a robust, high-quality technical solution to the system architecture
- Capture of technical artefacts core to a winning capture proposal
- Acting as the internal stakeholder lead for:
- Systems engineering planning
- Systems engineering lifecycle management
- Systems engineering artefact development management
- System level engineering (requirements process, design process, implementation process)
- Systems integration, test, verification and validation
- Contributing to some of the many opportunities within the organisation in domains such as C4ISR, UAS, space and aerospace programmes as required.
Why Northrop Grumman?
As an integral part of the Australian team, you will receive professional development and a comprehensive benefits package. Furthermore, you will be joining an inclusive work environment built on innovation and respect, supported by the highest ethical standards.
Our Values represent what is important to us at Northrop Grumman and are integrated into all aspects of our employee experience:
- We do the right thing
- We do what we promise
- We commit to shared success
- We pioneer
What do we offer in return?
- Professional Development Support – further education, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to a range of online training including LinkedIn Learning and SkillSoft
- Up to 2 weeks additional purchased annual leave
- Salary packaging including novated car leases
- Generous parental leave entitlements
- WellbeiNG Program
- Employee Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
Essential jobholder requirements:
- Degree qualified engineer capable of achieving Chartered Professional Engineer status
- Training or Qualifications in Systems Engineering and demonstrated experience
- Domain experience with any of the following areas: mission systems, tactical datalinks, or communication systems
- Working knowledge of ASDEFCON projects
- An Australian citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Defence security clearance (NV1 level required)
- Strong experience of early phase System architecture modelling and definition of logical, functional and physical architecture.
- Experience in the use of MBSE and Requirements tools (Cameo, Rhapsody, DOORS etc)
Note: As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian Citizens. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable, as such your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.