Solves toughest problems in space aeronautics defense cyberspace
AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: AU- Secret (NV1)
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Australia is truly committed to being the most trusted provider of systems and technologies that ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies. We provide meaningful and purposeful employment opportunities across a diverse range of functions delivering solutions and capabilities to our customers every day.
Australia is a priority focus country for Northrop Grumman globally and our priority is to exemplify our class-leading products, capabilities and solutions to our customers and want you to join us on our journey of growth and expansion in Australia.
Northrop Grumman Australia are recognised leaders in integrated, fifth generation integrated battlespace management. Our Integrated Air and Missile Defence (IAMD) Team will deliver truly fifth generation, multi-domain battlespace management capabilities to meet the needs of the Australian Defence Force to defeat evolving air, missile and hypersonic threats. Using proven US-based systems and architectures, our IAMD team will integrate fifth generation platforms, advanced sensors and effectors for a truly joint view of the battlespace and will enable net-centric decision-making.
As part of our growth and maturity of the program team, a newly created MBSE Systems Engineer opportunity presents itself to support our AIR6500 Phase 1 capture efforts.
The MBSE Systems Engineer will have the opportunity to work across and develop productive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, spanning Australia and the US, in addition to customer and supplier organisations.
This position can be based in Symonston, ACT or Fortitude Valley, QLD.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Provide Systems Engineering expertise to the AIR6500 capture and related projects
- As part of the AIR6500 Systems Engineering team, perform core elements of systems engineering, including:
- Translate system capability objectives into requirements
- Understand constituent systems and relationships
- Assess system performance against capability objectives
- Develop, evolve and maintain the system architecture
- Monitor and assess impacts of changes on system performance
- Address system requirements and solution options
- Orchestrate upgrades and/or changes to the system baseline
- Provide MBSE leadership and develop descriptive models for the AIR6500 capture
- Develop, elicit and verify requirements for the AIR6500 capture
- Conduct and support engineering trade studies
- Author tender deliverables
- Engage closely with the Program Management and Software Development teams and broader stakeholders to develop beneficial outcomes and solutions.
Why Northrop Grumman?
As an integral part of the Australian team, you will receive professional development and a comprehensive benefits package. Furthermore, you will be joining an inclusive work environment built on innovation and respect, supported by the highest ethical standards.
Our Values represent what is important to us at Northrop Grumman and are integrated into all aspects of our employee experience:
- We do the right thing
- We do what we promise
- We commit to shared success
- We pioneer
What do we offer in return?
- Professional Development Support – further education, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to a range of online training including LinkedIn Learning and SkillSoft
- Up to 2 weeks additional purchased annual leave
- Salary packaging including novated car leases
- Generous parental leave entitlements
- WellbeiNG Program
- Employee Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
Essential job holder requirements:
- Degree qualified engineer capable of achieving Chartered Professional Engineer status
- Demonstrated working knowledge of systems engineering
- Training or Qualifications in Systems Engineering
- An Australian citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Defence security clearance (NV1 level required)
- Experience in MBSE and MBSE software tools (e.g Cameo)
- Experience in the use of DOORS for requirements management
Note: As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian Citizens. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable, as such your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.