Northrop Grumman is a global aerospace, defense and security company. It is a leader in a wide range of capabilities around the world, delivering products and services to customers in 25 nations. With a well-established international presence, we maintain a network of offices and local business operations serving Europe, the Asia Pacific region and the Middle East to help meet the needs of our customers.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems is currently seeking a Site Operations Manager 3 to join motivated, engaged and technically talented individuals located in Alice Springs, AU.
The Site Operations Manager leads a combined team of operators, operations staff engineers, operations support engineers and software engineers whose mission is to ensure successful 24×7 operations of a complex system.
This position is a hybrid role; the successful candidate will have both programmatic and functional responsibilities.
Primary duties will include but not be limited to:
- Guiding team members in developing / improving operations processes and products for on-site crew members;
- Assisting with system problem / anomaly resolution and thorough investigation and diagnosis of unexpected system signatures;
- Collaborating across the Rushmore operations enterprise to articulate and implement enterprise operations initiatives that increase affordability and efficiency;
- Providing leadership and direction to team members, to include management of employee performance, training, recruitment, retention, and repatriation;
- Communicating effectively with the Rushmore Site Leads, Rushmore Enterprise leadership, customers, other Site contractors, Space Park factory support, and Space Park management
This is a very high visibility position and includes daily interaction with customers and other contractors, across multiple worldwide sites. We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter able to work with little to no supervision with excellent written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal and team building skills amongst diverse stakeholders.
- A comprehensive overseas compensation package is offered with this position, including relocation.
- A two-year overseas tour commitment is required.
- The successful candidate must pass a comprehensive physical and psychological examination and must pass security/polygraph screening prior to beginning this assignment.
- Up to 10% travel to international and US sites is expected during the tour.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our “Selecting the Best Qualified Managers” video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field from an accredited educational institution, with at least eight (8) years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, systems operations or systems maintenance;
- OR at least fifteen (15) years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, systems operations or systems maintenance in lieu of a degree
- Four (4) or more years of experience leading a team, project or program
- Willingness to complete a two year overseas tour commitment
- Willingness to complete a comprehensive physical and psychological examination and security/polygraph screening prior to beginning the assignment
Possess, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept of Defense Top Secret/SSBI
- OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- OR Dept of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Master’s Degree in a STEM field from an accredited educational institution
- Possess an active SCI or DoD Top Secret clearance with an SSBI and counterintelligence polygraph examination completed within the last four (4) years
- Experience managing projects to cost, schedule, and performance requirements
- Experience managing a 24×7 operations engineering/mission software applications support team
- Experience on Atlantis, Rodeo, Rushmore, COAST, or associated development contracts
Requisition ID: 20016873
Location: United States-x-International-International Posting
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Clearance Type: Top Secret
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting Category: Engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.