Solves toughest problems in space aeronautics defense cyberspace
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Australia is truly committed to being the most trusted provider of systems and technologies that ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies. We provide meaningful and purposeful employment opportunities across a diverse range of functions delivering solutions and capabilities to our customers every day.
Northrop Grumman Australia partners with the Royal Australian Air Force to provide through-life support for its fleet of C-27J Spartan Airlifter aircraft. The C-27J complements the Australian Defence Force’s existing Air Mobility fleet and provides airlift of people, equipment and supplies in Australia and our region.
The C-27J platform has been recognised for its unique capabilities and performance and a steady pipeline of Avionics/Electrical upgrades, updates and modifications are forecast well into the future.
As a member of the C-27J Capability Enhancement Team, you will be responsible to support the development of avionics/electrical modifications to the aircraft through design, certification and other technical support processes. Activities undertaken will include those under DASR 21J Regulatory Design Organisation and DASR M Continuing Airworthiness Management Services (CAM Services) as required.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Development, Review and Approval of various aircraft Avionics / Electrical and/or Electronic System Modifications
- Holding and exercising Engineering Authority (EA) as a Design Engineer (DE) under NGA’s Military Design Organisation Exposition.
- Applying Systems Engineering processes across the product lifecycle
- Coordinating and supporting the project management of tasks through the design development and installation phases.
- Providing advice to internal/external stakeholders and representing the enterprise on specific projects, technical issues and in various intra-/inter-organisational meetings as required
- Providing oversight and reviewing work of other engineers for technical accuracy, adequacy and quality.
- Investigating, reporting and communicating engineering compliance issues
Why Northrop Grumman?
As an integral part of the Australian team, you will receive professional development and a comprehensive benefits package. Furthermore, you will be joining an inclusive work environment built on innovation and respect, supported by the highest ethical standards.
Our Values represent what is important to us at Northrop Grumman and are integrated into all aspects of our employee experience:
- We do the right thing
- We do what we promise
- We commit to shared success
- We pioneer
What do we offer in return?
- Professional Development Support – further education, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to a range of online training including LinkedIn Learning and SkillSoft
- Up to 2 weeks additional purchased annual leave
- The option to work a 9 day fortnight
- Salary packaging including novated car leases
- Generous parental leave entitlements
- WellbeiNG Program
- Employee Incentive Program
Qualifications and experience required:
- Relevant Engineering Degree (Avionics, Electrical, Mechatronics) or Engineers Australia recognised equivalent
- Eligible for registration with RPEQ
- Demonstrated experience as a professional engineer in the Defence/Aviation industry
- Working knowledge of configuration management and certification concepts
- Chartered Engineer through Engineers Australia (or similar)
- Qualifications/Certifications and/or working experience with Systems Engineering processes
- Previous experience implementing avionics modifications/upgrades
- Project Management/Engineering experience
Note: As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian Citizens. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable, as such your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace