Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: None
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking a Data Scientist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA Center of Excellence where technology and teamwork come together. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Manufacturing Engineering Team working in a collaborative environment while promoting a positive and proactive teamwork environment.
Data Scientist job duties involve the following:
- Creates data mining architectures/models/protocols, statistical reporting, and data analysis methodologies to identify trends in large data sets.
- Analysis will involve building tools to increase production efficiency and visibility into process health.
- Requires strong statistical and data visualization skills.
Data Scientists for Aeronautics Systems are expected to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex and difficult problems. They are problem solvers who have the ability to provide results that are innovative, thorough, practical, and consistent with organization objectives. We seek Data Scientist that use a unique skill set that includes a hands-on approach and act as the technical representative voice for the Manufacturing organization.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Science Degree in STEM (Science, Technical, Engineering or Mathematical) and 5 years of experience in a data/computer science related field
- Experience building and analyzing complex analytical models based on real-world data
- Experience consolidating and standardizing data collection for incorporation into databases
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Ability to interface/communicate with multiple levels of leadership, clients, and vendors
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance and Special Program Access as required.
- Active in-scope DOD Secret security clearance that has been granted / renewed within the past 5 years
- Experience working in Northrop Grumman’s AS Systems Common Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system
- Experience working with vendors to understand technologies and identify optimal solutions for PLM system integration
- Experience providing innovative techniques focused on improving product designs and processes utilizing analytic models
- Experience with plant and process simulation tools
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.