Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: None
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a GSSC Data Support Manager 2 to join our team. This position will be located at Hill Air Force Base, Utah.
What you will get to do:
- Lead a diverse team of configuration analysts performing technical package review to include requirements specifications, drawings and technical orders to develop detailed technical reports on complex assemblies of parts and the condition of respective drawing packages.
- Identify and pursue business opportunities within GSSC where Northrop Grumman team(s) continue to provide technical support to the United States Air Force.
- Develop labor cost estimates and preliminary project schedules.
- Control Account Manger responsibilities to include management of a project budget and schedule.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel to provide status reporting and obtain and implement direction to ensure successful task completion and customer satisfaction.
- Responsibilities also include horizontal integration of DoD Systems disciplines best practices and established processes, particularly in the discipline of Configuration Management
- Responsible for the strategic implementation of skills and labor mix; employee development; mentoring; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures, and supporting career path goal planning and development.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
These positions will have a standard work schedule of 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of related experience
- At least 1 year experience leading a project and/or driving performance against schedule
- Direct experience or oversight of drawing and other technical document development for new applications and document management for existing packages
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance
- 2 years of experience with/comprehensive understanding of quality configuration management practices and products.
- Bachelors Degree in STEM is preferred
- Security Clearance, Secret
- Control Account Manager trained
- Experience in Minuteman Weapon System configuration management practices and maintaining a technical data baseline
- Must be able to develop to deliver technical presentations to large audiences including status report to Government Customer and senior Northrop Grumman Management
- Must be highly organized, thorough, self-motivated, proactive and outgoing, extensive collaboration with project personnel and partner/customer groups is required
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.