Solves toughest problems in space aeronautics defense cyberspace
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We offer phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly collaborative workplace. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Does this sound like you?
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself! Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
The Payload and Ground Systems Division (PGSD) has an immediate need for a Staff Systems Engineering Architect to lead and develop next generation ground system solutions. In this role, you will determine customer needs and develop approaches, implementations, components, interfaces, identify standards and constraints, civil requirements, and security needs. You will survey the industry for awareness of customer needs and alternative systems. You will lead architecture design that stems from system requirements, decomposed across multiple levels, aimed to represent the ground capabilities, that have a major impact on the mission. In this role, you will also be interfacing directly with the Software, Hardware, Operations, Integration and Test teams, as well as program and project leadership to define and maintain the technical baseline. Additionally, you will lead trade studies, technology development, and subcontractor teams as well as lead technical and cost proposals, and write white papers describing the offerings. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to drive the program through maturity and milestones to achieve the mission, ensuring everything is synchronized.
- Active DoD Top Secret and SCI clearance
- 14 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline; 12 years of relevant experience with a Masters’ degree; 9 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Working knowledge of systems engineering principles and processes
- Experience writing and presenting technical information to customer and internal management audiences
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience using the DOORS Requirements Management Database
- Familiarity with Model-Based Systems Engineering (SysML/UML) and concepts
- Experience leading requirement development/testing/verification
- Experience working with Atlassian tool suite (i.e. JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
Network Architect Responsibilities:
- Maintains smooth operation of local area, world-wide and virtual private networks (VPN).
- Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
- Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
- Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
- May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages
- $195,000 USD – $234,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace