Solves toughest problems in space aeronautics defense cyberspace
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) is looking for an agile modeling and simulation engineer to join a team of talented people within our Systems Analysis and Simulation (SAS) organization. The Modeling and Simulation discipline itself is a mesh of many other fields (e.g. Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Software Engineering, etc.) and frequently collaborates across functional disciplines, offering a unique opportunity to obtain a broad understanding of many areas or to more narrowly focus on developing a deep expertise in any one of the relevant fields.
In this role, you will be a critical member of the team that will be performing the following tasks: model development, scenario creation, designing focused vignette threads and performing analysis. The analysis includes a wide variety of system types and span multiple domains (friendly and adversary; ground, maritime, air and space). This drives the development of clean-sheet requirements, refine existing program system requirements, and influence the pursuit of future technologies and capabilities. You will work with subsystem engineers as well as with program and customer leadership, to recommend candidate designs, and to develop Concepts of Operation (CONOPs) and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) at the system, mission, and campaign levels.
The selected candidate will be responsible for developing new and/or integrate existing system simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms, threat models and command and control models.
- Developing, integrating, and using data analysis and automation tools to manage simulation and results generation.
- Modeling operational environments, performs trade studies via computer simulation.
- Performing data analysis to support mission effectiveness studies.
- Develop and translate blue/red CONOPs and related tactics into modeled simulation behaviors in mission-level models such as AFSIM.
- Soliciting input from various stakeholders, synthesize data, and communicate results to various levels of leadership within the organization.
- This position will accept the most qualified candidate at the T01 grade level or at the T02 grade level.
- T01(Associate Modeling & Simulation Engineer): Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or a related discipline. A current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD Secret clearance is required to start, with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance with Special Program Access (PAR/SAP)
- T02(Modeling and Simulation Engineer): Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or a related discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of related engineering experience, or a Master’s Degree and 0 years of experience. A current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD Secret clearance is required to start, with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance with Special Program Access (PAR/SAP)
- Experience with C#/C++, JAVA, or other Object Oriented programming languages and scripting language such as Python.
- Familiarity with version control tools (GIT, Bitbucket, etc)
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to present and brief technical data to all levels of leadership within the organization and U.S. Government.
- Experience with Model Simulation & Analysis (MS&A), Operations Analysis.
- Familiarity with AGILE/SCRUIM
- Experience in AFSIM Modeling
- Operational military experience.
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to present and brief technical date to all levels of leadership within the organization and U.S. Government.
- A current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD Top Secret security clearance with current or previous Special Program Access (SAP)/SCI.
- $68,100 USD – $102,100 USD
Salary Range 2:
- $82,400 USD – $123,600 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace