Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Data Scientist/Principal Data Scientist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Position is located in Melbourne, Florida.
Data Scientist job duties involve the following: Creates data mining architectures/models/protocols, statistical reporting, and data analysis methodologies to identify trends in large data sets. Analysis will involve building tools to increase production efficiency and visibility into process health. Requires strong statistical and data visualization skills.
Data Scientists for Aeronautics Systems are expected to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex and difficult problems. They are problem solvers who have the ability to provide results that are innovative, thorough, practical, and consistent with organization objectives.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a Data Scientist level or Principal Data Scientist level.
- Basic Qualifications for a Data Scientist are a Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline and 2 years of experience OR Master’s Degree in a STEM discipline.
- Basic Qualifications for a Principal Data Scientist are Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of experience OR Master’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of experience.
- Understanding of at least one programming language
- Experience with data visualizations tools, preferably Tableau
- Experience in statistics, machine learning, and modeling algorithms
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleansing and transformation techniques
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance and Special Program Access
- Expertise in statistics, machine learning, and modeling algorithms
- Proficiency in MATLAB and Python
- Experience building and analyzing complex analytical models based on real-world data
- Experience consolidating and standardizing data collection
- Past experience in roles as a data modeler, data architect, software developer, and/or DBA to achieve scaled and project objectives
- Hold an active DoD Interim or Final Secret level clearance