Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Systems Simulation Data Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Position is located in Melbourne, Florida.
Principal Systems Simulation Data Engineer job duties involve the following: Designs, develops, builds, analyzes, evaluates and installs database management systems to include modeling, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management. Uses data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases. Determines data storage and optimum storage requirements. Prepares system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database/architecture implementation.
Principal Systems Simulation Data Engineer for Aeronautics Systems are expected to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex and difficult problems. They are problem solvers who have the ability to provide results that are innovative, thorough, practical, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field with 5 years of experience; Master’s degree in a STEM field, with 3 years of experience; 0 with a PhD.
- Programming experience, ideally in Python
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources.
- Experience in creating and maintaining ETL processes and architecting complex data pipelines
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance and Special Program Access as required.
- Strong background in distributed systems, event-driven architecture, data reliability and quality.
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience collaborating on projects with multiple teams and managing relationships
- Experience with Cloud technologies like AWS.
- Experience with version control systems (Github, BitBucket, etc.) and CI/CD tools.
- Demonstrated successful experience participating with large data organization & visualization efforts.
- Experience consolidating and standardizing data collection for incorporation into databases
- Proven experience in identifying ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Proven ability to discover tasks that can be automated for efficiency.
- Hold an active DoD Interim or Final Secret level clearance