Solves toughest problems in space aeronautics defense cyberspace
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Our Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) is hiring a Staff Principal Systems Engineer in Rolling Meadows, IL.The Modeling and Simulation discipline assignments include analysis and trades of product line architectures using analytical models and mission level simulations. A primary task for a modeling and simulations engineer is software development of in-house models and algorithms. Strong domain knowledge combined with valuable software development skills are required to produce the accurate models that drive the critical analysis needed to design our future systems. As a member of the SEIT team, a Modeling and Simulations engineer gains a deep understanding of how our systems architecture design process meets our mission level goals.
Additional $10k sign-on bonus for selected candidates who possess an ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance, and an additional $5k sign-on bonuses to selected candidates who possess an active Polygraph.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related technical degree with 14+ years (or MS and 12+ years, or PhD and 9+ years) related experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent decision making and communication (written and oral) skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in an integrated product team (IPT) environment
- Proficient with MATLAB, C/C++, or similar object-oriented programing languages
- Active Top Secret Clearance is required
- Must have ability to obtain TS/SCI level accesses
- Working knowledge of one of more of the following specialty areas related to EOIR/RF systems: sensors/antennas, transmitters/receivers, optics
- Strong background and demonstrated experience with signal/image processing techniques
- Knowledge of the space domain (e.g. orbital mechanics, remote sensing, atmospheric effects, etc.)
- Model Based System Engineering experience, especially using Cameo
- Agile development experience, including use of Atlassian products
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI & polygraph is preferred