Solves toughest problems in space aeronautics defense cyberspace
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Payload and Ground Systems Division Remote Sensing Programs (PGS RSP) is a strategic partner specializing in delivering intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance solutions for classified and unclassified missions in space. Headquartered in Linthicum, Maryland, PGS RSP has offices, manufacturing, and world-class assembly, integration, and test facilities across the BWI area in northern Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Our products include Active RF, Passive RF, and Electro-Optical sensor systems for space, space solar power, cross domain demonstrations, and space resilience payloads & solutions.We are seeking an RF I&T engineer (radio frequency sensor integration and test engineer) for the Coppertop program. Coppertop is a development program in the Active RF Operating Unit in Remote Sensing Programs. The program is responsible for producing, integrating, and testing a digital receiver/exciter. It includes development work as it progresses through critical design review level maturity and it includes serial production scope. The program is looking for an independent technical and people leader to lead teams and execute RF I&T. The RF I&T engineer will work with other program elements, including systems engineering, hardware, software, and firmware engineering, and assembly, integration, and test.
- Sr. Principal Engineer – BS Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering + 9 years of exp;
- Master’s in Electrical or Computer Engineering + 7 years of exp; PhD in Electrical Engineering + 4 years of exp
- Bench level testing with RF hardware with integrated software/firmware
- Able to use RF test equipment
- Able to lead a software/firmware team without requirements
- Familiar with FPGA (System on a Chip)
- Understanding data capture equipment
- Active TS/SCI or SSBI for TS completed in the last 12 months
- Experience with system level RF I&T
- Familiar with mode development, I/Q processing, and RF components
- Understanding of network protocol layers (10 GigE, SL3)
- Experience with Xilinx ZU19 SoC and NG’s MCM
- Active TS/SCI