Solves toughest problems in space aeronautics defense cyberspace
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Flight Test Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel – Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- System test engineer needed to perform flight test planning, integration, and development of processes, tools, and documentation in support of the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent ICBM.
- Tasks include system performance assessment, requirements analysis, design, development and integration.
- Candidate should have extensive experience in flight control, guidance and navigation, hypersonic reentry dynamics, and Kalman filtering and estimation. Candidate familiar with computer languages FORTRAN, C, C++, Visual Basic, CAMEO, and MATLAB programming languages.
- Candidate should be knowledgeable in some or all of the following areas, orbital mechanics, flight dynamics, aerodynamics, and statistical mathematics.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- 9 years of related work experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 7 years related experience with a Master’s degree; and 4 years of related experience with a PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years)
- Programming knowledge in one or more of these: C, C++, C#, Matlab and or FORTRAN, CAMEO.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math, Physics or related STEM degree
- Master’s Degree with 7+ years related work experience.
- US Citizenship with an Active Top-Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years)
- Experience working with ICBMs and in depth understanding of Vandenberg AFB Western Test Range, instrumentation, safety, and post-flight analysis.
- Work experience in ICBM flight dynamics, targeting, orbital mechanics, reentry dynamics
- Work experience in 6-Degrees of Freedom Simulations
- Work experience C++, C#, Matlab, FORTRAN, CAMEO
- Good interpersonal skills working in a team environment and with customer.
- $98,700 USD – $148,100 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace