Solves toughest problems in space aeronautics defense cyberspace
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrup Grumman, Space Systems Sector – Integrated Operations is looking for experienced Ground System Engineers to join the Ground System team to work with Government Customers to understand and define ground interface, security and infrastructure requirements for Ground Solutions by defining, adapting and deploying ground Software and communication systems required to operate the mission.
This position will be located in Dulles, VA. The Ground Systems Engineer will utilize sound engineering practices to develop, implement, and maintain end-to-end Satellite ground systems. Manage the requirements, design, and implementation for ground networks and End-to-End ground systems to Support Mission Operations, RFP / Proposals, post win ground operation development, existing ground systems and upgrades – technology refresh, and reliability / maintainability.
Specific experience and responsibilities shall include:
- Designing, developing, building, and operating satellite control centers
- Familiarity / experience with MMSOC and EGS compliant Satellite ground systems
- Ground support equipment – FEP’s, Crypto hardware, Modems, routers, firewalls, Servers / workstations, Linux, MS.
- Connections to external customers, entities, and RF terminals
- Writing program specific ground ICDs per program
- Developing ground network design architecture based on program requirements
- Holding weekly / regular meetings with ground stakeholders
- Coordinating end-to-end testing with space vehicles in during the I&T phase
- Ground segment end-to-end architecture design
- Ground segment requirements management and development
- Ground software design and configuration for Telemetry Tracking Command & Control and Mission Planning
- Space Vehicle to Ground and Ground to Space communication design, implementation & testing.
- Ground to Ground network communications design, implementation & testing
- Responsible for developing and configuring ground software operation baselines to include, command / telemetry database baselines, and developing Space-Ground ICDs, Coordinate and conduct PDR/CDR/FAT/SAT ground segment support activities. Product Deliveries include: Space-
- Ground ICD, Command and Telemetry Databases, Emulator/Flastsat/Simulator baseline control.
- Systems Engineer 5 – Bachelor’s Degree in STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 14 Years with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Secret Clearance level: Top Secret SSBI / SCI eligible
- Certifications: CompTIA Security + or equivalent.
- DoD Satcom Security Experience: Cybersecurity and IA/IS OpSec – 5205.02
- $141,800 USD – $212,800 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace